So...

by Otony, Saturday, December 23, 2023, 09:37 (134 days ago) @ A K Church

I am an anachronism in that I followed in my Dad’s footsteps and wear two different pairs of glasses, one for reading and the other for distance. It can be an issue only if I fail to drag along the needed pair, but that’s what pockets are for!

As to your problems with a Red Dot, often times it is a matter of having astigmatism. It doesn’t play well together with dot sights unfortunately. There can be a bit of a fix though, try wearing polarized glasses, a decent quality set. For whatever reason, I find that helps immensely with the astigmatism problem, although it opens up the expense of now buying yet another pair of doctor issued glasses.

As an aside, I had been having a terrible amount of trouble shooting my 1920 built Winchester Winder musket. Diminished skill sets (and probably capacity) as well as failing eyesight made for terrible range trips. I opened up the size of the peep aperture, but what helped even more was clipping on a Gehmann rotary diopter to my glasses. It works a true charm, I assure you.

Merry Christmas brother, I hope you have a comfortable season!

Otony

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread