So...

by Gunner @, St Louis, Saturday, December 23, 2023, 05:46 (134 days ago) @ A K Church

YES.....when using a red dot sight I usually see a 6-9 dot cluster with no clear answer as to which one is the correct one for accurate aiming. Works ok for general banging on a steel target but no good for accuracy or group shooting. By accident I discovered how to deal with red dots and bifocal glasses......use the upper part of the lense, one for distance, and like magic I see only one dot. I was always tilting my head backwards to use the lower, reading part of the lense which didn't help matters.

Somedays I hate red dot sights and on others I can live with them but the older I get the less I like them. On my 300 Blackout SBR I mounted a Leupold 1.5-5x VX3 HD, no much slower for fast aiming but with a whole lot bette aiming point. And on my latest AR upper build I mounted a Vortex Spitefire 5x Prism sight, etched glass reticle, much better than a red dot, though Prism sights are pricey but I got a deal on this one and really like it.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread