Yep, sure did.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, May 01, 2020, 10:24 (1453 days ago) @ Remington40x
edited by Hoot, Friday, May 01, 2020, 10:29

Mine was originally a Husqvarna Model 365 which left the factory as a single shot .22LR. Loads of work has been done to mine including the conversion to CF, addition of a second recoil lug and a proper extractor. The bore slugs to 0.2225" (from memory) and twist seems to be 1:16". I could not get repeatable readings but they all hovered around the 1:16 mark and it's what I would expect.

I suspect I was shooting them too slow which caused my stability issues. I wanted to start out low in deference to the original chambering. It also allowed me to fire form all of my brass. I'll have it out in the coming weeks with some different loads, both faster and slower, to see what changes.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Edit to add: The first loads were a combination of 0.223" 40gr. "old Hornet" bullets and some 40gr. LRN sized to 0.225" which fits easily into a fired case so I wasn't worried about the diameter much. I have some 33gr and 35gr to test out.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread