So what........

by Byron, Thursday, June 07, 2012, 20:35 (4341 days ago) @ Paul

"The 22 rf has accounted for more game of all sizes than any centerfire (all centerfires together, perhaps?)"

This statement is meaningless....

The locker plant down the road kills a semi of beef every Monday where a high school kid with a .22 Marlin up in the rafters shoots the steers with the muzzle touching the base of the skull...what does that prove...that 22s are good for killing 1000 lb cows....not really...lot of game killed with 22s...much not killed cleanly...is there a better way...sure...

"The 22 mag performs well - yes, even out of a pistol - in defiance of its "paper ballistics"."

Performs well compared to what? As good as a 9mm/38?..no way....it's expensive....noisy...22 rifle power...9mm shoots the same or flatter at 100 yards....many have .22 Mag pistols that they use with satisfaction....still...if one was to start from scratch...with open options...it would seem to me to pick something more versital....same price for pistol...similar cost of ammo...wider range of ammo...is there ANYTHING that a 22 Mag pistol can do better than a 4" K38/M19?....I can't think of a thing....

My point continues to be...given a job...what is the best tool...given options...

I know you live on a mountain top Utopia...I live out in the American sticks....I probabaly shot more last weekend that you did in the last year (or more)....

Think I'm "overbearing and opinionated"...

I think you are naive and sarcastic....

Byron

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread