Indeed we have, and looking forward to dining with you again

by JohnKDM, Tuesday, September 26, 2023, 21:08 (264 days ago) @ Hoot

IIRC, it was a Majestic aftermarket part. Ended up not liking the original shape as the square corners tended to catch on stuff and pop the mag loose, but the mag catch spring kept it from falling free - nice, I guess, to prevent loss of the mag, but she don't don't feed when she is out of place by 1/4". Can also draw blood from your hand in a chest rig in certain situations.

Ended up rounding the corners and that solved those issues; will get a better pic. They are a bit aggravating to install as the mag release has a dedicated spring and pin that can be a booger to install until you learn to hold your mouth just right.

I bet a bolt action pistol would be quiet. I have not seen one like that around here. You can, while shooting two handed, place your left thumb on the back of the ruger bolt and it will turn it into a quiet manual repeater. Obviously doesn't scatter your brass about, if that is a concern.

https://majesticarms.com/product/extended-magazine-releases-for-mark-i-mark-ii-mark-iii...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread