John KDM re your Ruger Mk I or II pistol.

by A K Church, Tuesday, September 26, 2023, 19:11 (264 days ago)

The one where you recently posted a photo. Where did you get your extended magazine release?

Also, my quietest suppressor host is also my crudest and cheapest. It's a Keystone Arms Chipmunk pistol. Single shot bolt action pistol. Action is a very old school manual cocking, rebounding striker affair, with a 1930s style trigger. Trigger levers a self-sprung sear.

They come as a 10 inch fluted job, and I picked mine up new a few years back for $175 plus tax. No port pop since it's a fixed breech. I had it cut to 4.5", threaded 1/2x28, cut the stock back, had the muzzle threaded, and hung an early oughts used SIG dot sight on it with the proprietary mount and a Picatinny adapter..

These pistols are uncommon, but when they show up, they don't fetch much money.

With a Thunder Beast .22 Takedown suppressor, and CCI or Aguila std vel, I can achieve "Hollywood Quiet" much, but not all, the time.

The Chipmunk is an interesting little piglet in that, while it is well made, it maybe takes simplicity too far. You can polish engagement surfaces on the trigger, and smooth it, but pull weight sorta seems set in stone. The ergonomics are not well thought out, and the gun's grip is totally 100% for righthanders. It still shoots better than I can shoot it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread