Cautionary tale about buying firearms from Midway.

by Jared, Monday, September 25, 2023, 23:07 (265 days ago)

I purchased a Cimarron 1851 Richards Mason 38 special from Midway about 6 months back. It was damaged by UPS in shipping.

I picked it up from my dealer and noticed the damage to the grips. We looked and found the puncture damage to the shipping box. I talked with him and I really didn’t want to send it back for the damage to the grips because they could be repaired or replaced, but I wanted UPS to compensate me for the damage.

I called midway the next morning and got a very rude customer service lady saying that there was nothing they could do since I accepted the revolver I couldn’t send it back…. I kept trying to tell her I didn’t want to send it back I wanted them to assist me in filing a damage claim with UPS since they were the shipper. I went round and round trying to get some help from midway but I kept getting the same it isn’t our problem.

UPS was little help because they kept telling me the shipper needed to file the claim. Finally after several weeks I got someone at UPS that said they could file the claim after a few more weeks I got a claim number saying it was approved and they just needed the shipper/midway to fill out a claim form. I had a claim number and UPS sent the information on to Midway. After another week or so I called my contact at UPS and they said midway never got back to them.

I called Midway and they transferred me up the chain and I got an extremely rude man that I ended up getting into a hollering match with. The end result is it was against their policy to help me file a damage claim on an item they shipped.

After 6+ weeks of this I filed a claim with my credit card company and they gave me a partial refund for the damage. My credit card company agent wanted me to file for a complete refund after seeing all the evidence I had against them but I only wanted $100 to replace the one piece grips. After a few days the credit card company awarded me the money for the damage.

Midway sent me an email saying my account was suspended and I could no longer place orders with them unless I refunded them the money my credit card company took from them.

I have been a customer of Midway for over 30 years and it isn’t unusual for me to spend 4 figures with them a year. Their customer service has gone completely down the toilet and I can’t recommend them for anything. About half of the last 10 or so packages I have received from them has had some sort of damage to the contents.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread