Good news!

by JohnKDM, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 14:56 (266 days ago) @ A K Church

Filthy comes with suppressor territory, even with good ammo. A heated ultrasonic cleaner helps a lot, especially with magazines and trigger groups since you can toss them in without dismantling.

If your accuracy is wonky with the can, try it without. Baffle strikes are ugly, but the bullet doesn't have to actually hit to cause accuracy issues, just get close to one side. I think it has to do with gas speeding up on one side and slowing down on the other due to the different gap size... it deflects the bullet. The bullet needs a certain gap around it as it passes through, even if perfectly aligned. Years ago, I line bored a can as an experiment with minimum clearance. Accuracy was awful. Kept opening it up in stages and group size abruptly improved. A tight bore in a can with perfect threads sounds ideal, but it isn't - and this is magnified if the passage gap is lopsided. Just something to check. Also, not to sound patronizing, but just in case you don't already know this, don't use a washer between the can and the barrel thread shoulder. Some guns that are threaded at the factory come with a wavy washer under the tread protector and the owner leaves it on when installing the can. Bad juju, it throws off the alignment and can give the same effect. Its purpose is to keep the thread protector from unscrewing.

Interested if standard velocity ammo cycles.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread