straight-pull actions?

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, November 01, 2020, 08:14 (1265 days ago) @ bj

I’m going to bypass the part about not being able to own AR’s after the first of the year as a joke, but....

I built up a 300 blk a few years back with a side charging upper and an adjustable gas block. I think it was the Gibbs upper, it used a non reciprocating charging handle and let you use a standard BCG. I built it to be able to use it like a normal AR or to be very quiet, like a bolt gun with the gas shut off. It worked very well, I just adjusted the block to function like I wanted to and then counted the turns to fully closed. With My suppressor and subsonic loads, it was Not much louder than a Suppressed 22, but had a lot more thwack on the receiving end! You could do it with pretty much any caliber to have a switchable gun, but other than really being quiet, I don’t see UCB of an advantage. The AR is such an accurate rifle to begin with, cutting off the semi auto function wouldn’t really improve things.

I have also herd of folk doing similar things with other military rifles that have adjustable gas systems like the FAL or the SKS’s with the grenade launchers.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread