Off topic....still.....manly enought.....

by Byron, Sunday, April 29, 2012, 13:10 (4385 days ago)

Question for those on the board that shave...daily...just how do you get it done and more spacifically...does anyone use a cut-throat straight razor....

I started out with a hand me down electric Remingon electric razor from my father...never was really happy with it but it did get the job done...

Later switched to the latest and greatest cartridge multi-blade gizmos and shaved in the shower....just how fast can I get this chore done....been doing so for over 30 years.....

Now, the new normal has changed my focus....I don't work near as many hours as I use to...3 day weekend every week to be with my family....but when I work it is flat out....on my feet from 0500...eat lunch standing up...and don't really take a break until supper.....

I started wet shaving with a old style German double edge safety razor and high quality English soap lathered with a badger brush about 6 months ago....and have really enjoyed the forced break in pace....kinda like flying....pretty easy to do but intolerent of mistakes....you really have to pay attention and take your time or lots of blood is easy to come by....its kinda become another hobby...my wife calls it "faceterbating"....

The natural progression of this hobby is moving to the next level of zen shaving with a straight....and all that which comes with preparing and maintaining a straight razor edge....

Check out the damascus straights at the bottom of this page....crazy....
http://thesuperiorshave.com/Boker_Straight_Razors.html

So....anyone shave with a straight....

Byron

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread