AR's and manufacturers? i have a lot of them; the Sig looks

by cable, Friday, April 27, 2012, 11:07 (4387 days ago) @ Alfred John

and sounds really good, tempts me too. hard to see how you could go wrong with one!
they are all mostly, fairly simple to keep running. like you, i 'grew up' with heavier, wooden stocked rifles, and they are good, but most of them, and even the HK91 with its modern stocks, etc, etc seemed to be designed for someone fighting from a fox hole, or lying prone....they are not light enough and fast handling for the role that these little carbines fill so well. Jeff Cooper talked about putting students through a ' on foot' combat rifle course that required quick point shooting in woods,etc and said that an experienced man with a model 94 carbine would easily beat the fellow with the muzzle heavy full battle rifle, in this type of scenario. the M4 types, for me, handle like a nice model 94 hunting carbine, easy to point and hit with, but with capability of much longer first round hits.

as to maintainence, it seems pretty straight forward......someone posted this link before and it sure seems to cover it all quite well:

http://www.ar15.com/content/swat/keepitrunning.pdf

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread