AR's and manufacturers?

by Alfred John, Friday, April 27, 2012, 10:48 (4388 days ago)

Just kind of curious. I am looking at the AR-15 family of rifles and carbines. I wonder who all makes these. Or is it more important to know who doesn't make one? I do have a Colt H-Bar with custom 1 in 8 twist SS barrel which can shoot better than I can. This one weighs in around 10 pounds. I want to get a somewhat lighter one without the carry handle along the lines of a carbine around or under 7 pounds. The more I look on the net the more carbines I find. I am thinking of getting a Sig-400 Enhanced(?)carbine. I like it weight and the way it feels on my shoulder. I suspect my biggest problem is getting to know them better.I was in the Army and trained an used the M1-Garand, transitioned to the M-14 after that. Did good with both but this AR's are a whole new ball game. Never trained on one or was instructed on how to keep it running. I would probably like to get either a training or field manual on the operations, cleaning and lubing them. I have heard a lot about this but would like to read and study for myself. The Sig feels good, it comes with one Mag-pul magazine, a back pack type rifle case, well made as well. So flame away. OF course I could just go with my 303's or K-31 Swiss. Thankyou and have a great day and a good weekend. ATB

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread