New projects in process, so......

by Otony, Thursday, February 23, 2012, 09:41 (4470 days ago) @ DMann

It is a heat treated action, sort of Mauser, but set up for a Springfield bolt! Apparently P-H found a huge pile of '03 bolts some where and decided to morph those into a Mauser action. They designed a new cocking piece that eliminated the safety and knob, so from the outside it pretty much resembles a Mauser sporter action. Has an adjustable trigger w/side safety.

I purchased some spare bits for it, but would have to look to see what I have, been a while. I'm know I have all the parts to make it a wing safety with cocking knob if so desired.

Two outstanding issues. The action has some pitting on the exterior. Second, the trigger guard assembly is from a '96 Mauser and is not correct for the rifle, as the bow is smaller and doesn't line up with the trigger. The magazine and floorplate all line up perfectly. It would work if a fellow cut-off the bow and used a shotgun guard, sort of like a Mannlicher rifle. If you have standard '98 bottom metal it will drop straight on. And it fits in a '98 Mauser stock.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread