Paging Boge and Other Pickers. OT

by MDF99 @, SW Ohio, Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 14:00 (4471 days ago) @ JLF

MARTIN!!

The last acoustic guitar I bought was a 2008 Martin D-18VS, I bought it used off a fellow on the "UMGF - Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum". I drove to Chicago to try it out, pay for and pick up. It's a 12 fret mahogany body guitar with slotted headstock. I love it. It was in the upper end of your price range in used/like new condition.

Here's a link to the buy/sell forum:

http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/forums/23/Buy-and-Sell#.T0VAxXrKrKc

You can get an excellent condition used Martin D-18 or D-28 in your price range that will hold every penny of it's value if you decide to sell it later. It might be worth your while to post a want to buy ad and see if anything turns up that's close enough to drive and look at. Best advice I can give is to take your time looking for your guitar.

There are plenty of other great USA acoustic guitars but Martin is the standard and you can't go wrong. I'm into bluegrass so Collings and Bourgeois are a couple other good brands that come to mind.

My cousin plays a D-28 and a different cousin plays a Taylor. I cant remember which model of Taylor he has but it also sounds great. Taylor makes nice guitars for sure.

Good luck hunting up that six string.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread