Thanks All...

by D.Sikes, Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:34 (1555 days ago) @ D.Sikes

Thank you one and all for your replies and advice...

I got hold of some of Paco's old articles and he really liked his Star Model B ... which is the full size one that the BM is based on...

with modern bullet technology, +p and +p+ pressures and velocities aren't "necessary" for good bullet performance...

at present, for 9mm guns, I only have a Walther "post-war" P-38 left... I used to have a Star M30, a Star M43, and a Sig Pro... I have a "itch" for older, sometimes "no longer produced" weapons... of "modern" 9mm's, I have personal experience with Beretta 92's (M9) and Sig 228's from when I was active duty USAF and the Sig Pro mentioned above... I'm an old 1911 sorta guy so I have a "bent" to what feels good in my hand and what I accurately shoot... the Star BM9 that I handled felt good in my hand and balanced well.. the "mechanics" are familiar and "hand memory" seems to work with it... it may be a welcome addition to my stable... at least the price factor seems decent...

I'm taking Catoosa's comments to heart (Thank You Catoosa)... this will be a "standard pressure" gun as is my Walther P-38... and I'll be researching parts to build up a "spare parts" inventory... I don't shoot as much as I used to so maybe this little piece will last a while... it'll go along side my Beretta 81 as a "curio" fun to shoot popper and occasional "carry gun"... at the moment my main "carry guns" are my 1911 Compact Commander in .45acp and a Taurus 605 (J-Frame size) snubby in .357mag... I'm not a fan of "striker" fired handguns so the Star BM9 may be an acceptable option...

So... again, Thank You all for your response and advice.

Don

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread