Who remembers Ivory soap bars as test medium for .22's. nt

by E Sisk, Tuesday, April 02, 2024, 04:53 (27 days ago)

I remember that plus ...

by JimT, Texas, Tuesday, April 02, 2024, 09:17 (27 days ago) @ E Sisk

duct seal

wet newspapers

wet phone books

water jugs

While in the Military testing was done on goats, pigs and cows.

Myself, when testing the 30-30 with different bullets I used the leg bones from a 900 pound steer we had butchered. I set up some cloth material and a solid oak door and measured the penetration in the door after going through all the other stuff. Then I weighed each bullet and recorded that also.

So if you ever shoot a .30-30 through a cow's leg bone and into an oak door I can give you data to measure it against. :-)

I also fired a bunch of 9mm loads into a bucket of sand and can show you how well they expand in sand in case you ever have to go up against a bucket of sand! :-D

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Tuesday, April 02, 2024, 19:41 (27 days ago) @ E Sisk

I remember.

by A K Church, Wednesday, April 03, 2024, 03:53 (26 days ago) @ Creeker
edited by A K Church, Wednesday, April 03, 2024, 03:59

In the 1970s "Guns" and "Guns and Ammo" mags I cut my teeth on, the popular one was Fels Naptha laundry soap bars.

At the time it impressed the heck out of me. Not sure in retrospect what it proved, but it certainly made for a cool photo.

I am startled to find out the stuff is still available. It's like finding out June Lockhart is still alive...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, April 03, 2024, 05:25 (26 days ago) @ A K Church

We use Fella Naptha to make our own laundry detergent. I forget all the ingredients but I use an d cheese grater to make it into small bits. It’s not a fun deal to cut yourself open on a cheese grater with a tub full of. Stupid washing powders! Burns like the dickens!!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

SOAP TESTING MEDIUM

by JimT, Texas, Wednesday, April 03, 2024, 07:38 (26 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I am not sure what kind of soap this is but this is what Gary Reeder uses to demonstrate his Tool for putting a flat nose on cheap round-nose .22 ammo.

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

SOAP TESTING MEDIUM

by A K Church, Thursday, April 04, 2024, 03:47 (25 days ago) @ JimT

I think it's some brand of saddle soap, other than Fiebing's.

Ivory Soap is the only soap that floats..............ntxt

by Bob Hatfield @, Wednesday, April 03, 2024, 07:41 (26 days ago) @ E Sisk

st

RSS Feed of thread