HEY JOHN! Look what I found!

by JimT, Texas, Friday, January 26, 2024, 10:41 (100 days ago)

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

HEY JOHN! Look what I found!

by JT, Friday, January 26, 2024, 12:35 (100 days ago) @ JimT

BLACK POWDER???

John Barner & his Uzi on the J Bar T Ranch long ago (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Friday, January 26, 2024, 12:49 (100 days ago) @ JT

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

John Barner & his Uzi on the J Bar T Ranch long ago (nt)

by A K Church, Friday, January 26, 2024, 17:58 (100 days ago) @ JimT
edited by A K Church, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 15:39

The powder smoke hung in close that day because it was nigh on to 100% humidity, and fearful hot. It was hard to stay hydrated.

Pretty sure it was Independence Day 1998.

That is quite possibly the answer. (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Friday, January 26, 2024, 18:23 (100 days ago) @ A K Church

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

had to be '98 because I got the TSMG in '97

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 00:03 (99 days ago) @ A K Church

It was the first NFA transfer I had to get a LEO signoff for after I dropped my SOT status.
The late Sheriff Pierpont - an old and dear family friend - didn't hesitate, but I had still had to spend a 1/2 hour schmoozing with him back in his office.

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

by A K Church, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 15:51 (99 days ago) @ Miles
edited by A K Church, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 21:46

ALL the Independence Days at the J-Bar-T were special, but Independence Day 1998 was more special. Miles brought the TSMG, the Uzi and his AOW Mossberg, so much NFA joy was to be had.

I had scarfed my 1st Smith Model 10, and Jim's late father was teaching me double action technique.

I showed up at around sunup, and was there past midnight, which I couldn't do now. Jim and I announced sunup to the neighbors with a small cannon.

There were a particularly large group of good folks I've lost touch w/. The Harmons, Larry Little. My one time high school small engine repair teacher, the late Mr. West (I could never call him Jerry). The late Alan Taylor. Lord, all those people I so esteem.

It was raging hot, humid as the Amazon, and dead still.

We had some times! Good memories. (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 16:06 (99 days ago) @ A K Church

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, January 28, 2024, 21:07 (98 days ago) @ A K Church

I was just thinking of Larry Little this evening. Saw him at the Holiday in Raton year before last, then stopped by his place later on before we headed back south.

The J Bar T was a wonderful place to visit, memory recalls many a pleasant hour spent there. The people made it special.

I still have the mousepad w/ the pix of me shooting the TSMG

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Friday, January 26, 2024, 16:50 (100 days ago) @ JimT

which I still remember quite well. But I do not remember this!

It's likely taken at the same time as I'm wearing what looks like the same T-shirt and jeans, but I'm wearing different ear muffs, which puzzles me.

Still have the UZI, the Thompson was sold to Bryan Pettet back in '06

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

it's possible that was the time the students from CFNI

by JimT, Texas, Friday, January 26, 2024, 17:18 (100 days ago) @ Miles

came up for Thanksgiving. You gave demonstrations and then let each one fire it.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

it's possible that was the time the students from CFNI

by A K Church, Friday, January 26, 2024, 17:55 (100 days ago) @ JimT

I took the Thompson photo with a borrowed program Cannon SLR using, get this, FILM. Remember that stuff? Plastic stock coated with silver based chemicals, like they used in the last Millenia.

It's the only photo I ever got published. My sister says it's because it was the only good photo I ever took.

Yes. That might be it.

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 00:06 (99 days ago) @ JimT

Big kick I had was letting one of the Students (from England) fire my No.4 SMLE. Gave him the brass to take home as proof.

--

I remember! I told him that rifle was the kind his grandpa

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 07:43 (99 days ago) @ Miles

used to defend England. He just held it and stared at it for a long time.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

RSS Feed of thread