Down for a week

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, January 19, 2024, 14:13 (107 days ago)

I went down hard last Saturday with some sort of spawn of satan virus, can't seem to get this site to work right on my phone, and didn't want to infect our keyboard. Anyhow, I have caught up mostly, and just really want to let Hoot know that y'all are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to fight the good fight. I haven't pulled a single trigger for 2 weeks now due to weather and illness, we had a brief but chilly go around with winter, but it was back up to the mid 60s yesterday, sat outside to speed the recovery. Feeling human again, looking forward to some time with the Hawken, a 38-40, and a 32-20, may drag out the NM Flattop 357 while I am at it. Hope everyone is faring well, next month I will be making a hopefully speedy trip to Durham N.C. to move my youngest daughter to her nurse residency job at Duke University, 2/3 of my children will now be on the East coast, not sure where I went wrong lol. Stay warm, keep your powder dry, and buy powder when you can, this is shaping up to be a rollercoaster of an election year.

Dave

Thank you Dave.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, January 19, 2024, 18:46 (106 days ago) @ Dave B

I hear you about 'spawn of Satan virus'. I was struck with something right after Thanksgiving that lasted 5 weeks. Ten days shuffling from the bed to the recliner to the bathroom (regular functions, TMI) without eating and drinking only water. It has passed largely now with only a lingering sniffle. Not sure what that was all about but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Glad to hear you are up and running again and very much appreciate the words of encouragement. I've been trying to get fired up to start some sort of project. I just this week took delivery on some Dacron 'fluff' to try out some of Seyfried's NFB loads in my 9.3x57R Sauer rifle. And then there's paper-patching and then...

All the best and thanks again!

RSS Feed of thread