New RCBS equipment..........

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 17:21 (112 days ago)

Gotten to the point that I hate priming on the Rock Chucker, never felt normal, awkward at times, always kept my eye on hand primers. The old Sinclair International was pretty cool, the new Frankford Arsenal is highly reviewed but here is the problem, as I get older the more my hands hurt from decades of blue collar work. So I bought a RCBS Automatic Priming tool.....

https://www.rcbs.com/priming-and-powder-charging/bench-mounted/automatic-priming-tool/1...

Set it up this weekend and ran some 300 Blackout cases on it, what an idiot am I!!! Should have bought one of these years ago!!!!! What a great little tool for $130, easy and fast, you can even adjust the primer seating depth. I highly recommend this tool for everyone's reloading bench.

Second piece of equipment is the RCBS Summit single stage press....

Summit

Set it up yesterday as well, what a chunky press with it's 2" ram, pretty sure you could drop it off a building and the concrete would say ouch. Operation it smooth, the stroke fairly short, I opted for the short accessory handle but it puts your knuckle close to the base on the bottom of the stroke but offers way less arm movement when using the handle. Setting up a die is straight forward but finger room is narrow when screwing in the die due to the linkage position on the head, the open top design of the Rock Checker shines here. The only other issues is the head weight with its down stroke....IF you have a finger near the shell holder and slip off the handle, a BIG heavy, square guillotine is dropping on the finger, YES I can speak to this from experience :-(

Overall both tools are welcomed additions to the reloading bench.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Things to think on...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 17:54 (112 days ago) @ Gunner

Thanks for the review.

I’ve been curious about the Summit for awhile now….

by Otony, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 19:07 (112 days ago) @ Gunner
edited by Otony, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 21:51

……but have read a fair number of mediocre reviews. Also plenty of good reviews, so there’s that. Hard to really know what to do.

Honestly, equipment that is out of the ordinary always catches my attention, I have a different drummer in my head apparently. So good or bad reviews aside, I wanted to try a Summit. Never mind that I have a Redding UltraMag (and other presses). I wanted the Summit.

So you can imagine my dismay when my good buddy Jason shows me what appears to be a new Summit, set up on the bench in his work shop.

“Where didja get that?” sez me.

“Found it in the pawnshop down by the highway. GAVE 50 BUCKS FOR IT!” This delivery was accompanied by the proverbial sh!t eating grin, btw.

I didn’t swoon, but I did have a queasy stomach the rest of the day. And darn iffen it didn’t fix my cravings too.

Sigh,

Otony

New RCBS equipment..........

by Boggus Deal, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 19:44 (112 days ago) @ Gunner

I like the removable bushing for dies.

RSS Feed of thread