Temperatures are dropping here in Texas.

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, January 13, 2024, 18:46 (113 days ago)

It's supposed to hit 14 by morning. We are off grid right now, running the generator, making sure everything is working like it is supposed to. We have the chicken coop ready with a heater in it. Have a heater in the well house. Got all the outside faucets insulated and covered. Hauled a bunch of firewood and kindling in. And have plenty of survival stuff on hand.

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Looks, and sounds, like you're set!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, January 13, 2024, 19:15 (113 days ago) @ JimT

We're below 0 and headed a little bit colder but not much. I'm not as much f a fan as I once was..

I am not a fan either!

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, January 13, 2024, 19:22 (113 days ago) @ Hoot

Living in Mozambique was sorta like heaven in that there was NO WINTER! Two seasons ... Rainy Season and Dry Season.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Temperatures Hit a high here in St Louis......

by Gunner @, St Louis, Saturday, January 13, 2024, 20:08 (113 days ago) @ JimT

About 5 hours at 19 degrees, down to 14 now, dropping to 5 later tonight, spent the day in the gun room installing new equipment and loading 300 Blackout test ammo for warmer weather.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Cold is a four letter word

by Brien @, NWArkansas, Saturday, January 13, 2024, 20:14 (113 days ago) @ Gunner

12 in Northwest Arkansas

But it's a dry cold

by A K Church, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 04:22 (112 days ago) @ Brien
edited by A K Church, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 06:18

It's 6 below here.

Or 21.11 below if you you use the units the rest of the world does.

The weather-wallas predict we will be above freezing all day on the 22nd.

The power door locks on my 13 year old Cad do weird things when it's really really cold, and today they are back to being odd.

We got down to -7° here in Walla Walla

by Otony, Saturday, January 13, 2024, 20:59 (113 days ago) @ JimT

It’s right about 6° now, supposed to gradually warm up over the next three or so days to high 30s, maybe even as high as 41° by Wednesday.

I am not amused. This is the coldest it’s been here in 15 years, and all my character development stopped years ago in regards to icy roads and weather. The sooner we move out to the coast the better I will like it.

Otony

Far S.E. part of Oklahoma isn't all that warm either.

by Murphy @, Saturday, January 13, 2024, 21:55 (113 days ago) @ JimT

JimT,

Sounds like we've got about the same weather you're having. May get as low as 10-12° here tonight, highs in the mid 20 during the day tomorrow. According to the weather reports, we're in for about a 3-4 day run of it. Hopefully, I've got all the bases covered when it comes to the necessities.

We had a similar round of cold about the same as the one we're going into about 3-4 years back. We came through it okay here at my place, but a lot of others didn't. People were driving 100 plus miles trying to get PVC fittings and lengths of pipe. Add to that, the town installed radio read water meters over the past 10 years made out of a composite body.There's more metal in a Ruger LCP than one of those meters, I helped install a lot of. Add to the house lines that froze and burst, about 100+ water meters that froze up and the bottoms blew out of. I sure felt for my former coworkers. Praying for a better outcome for all this go around.

Murphy

It was -4 here this morning..

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 18:22 (112 days ago) @ JimT

Winch chill was around 25 below. I didn’t have any big plans and figured I’d spend part of the day in the gun room loading something or ‘nother. Those plan were curtailed when I got a call that some air handlers had frozen up and busted, then thawed and were spraying water all over the penthouse and running all the way to the basement! Of the four of us that are there full time, I was the only one in town today so I got to go at it alone! Quite a few phone calls and texts but it is all taken care of. Came home to a wonderful roast with potatoes and carrots that my wonderful wife made for me. Not supposed to get above freezing for a few days at least, but as far as I know, this morning will be the coldest in the foreseeable future, so hopefully no more issues!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Yeah, but the OT....

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, January 14, 2024, 18:58 (112 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Sorry Bud, just jerkin' the chain. Stay warm!

Yeah, but the OT....

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, January 15, 2024, 04:31 (111 days ago) @ Hoot

Yeah, you gotta love double time! At least I was mostly dry and mostly warm.

And, I’ve got a hankering for a set of finned aluminum heads for the Model A!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

RSS Feed of thread