A friend of mine who shall remain nameless

by A K Church, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 09:34 (215 days ago)

sent me a link to his YouTube posting. No one who comes around here. He has an older Glock 19 with a reputable suppressor, newer threaded aftermarket barrel, and firing subsonic ammo. It is apparently pretty quiet.

But I don't really know because in the vid he was shooting steel plates, and there was loud rock music (Metallica) in the background.

I've seen dozens of online postings like his. We'll describe how quiet our setup is, while adding so much additional noise to the mix, it's pointless.

Why?

Youtube is a place to stay away from.

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 09:54 (215 days ago) @ A K Church

The less "google" you have on your phone, computer, ipad whatever the better off you are. I have gone through the registry of my laptop and deleted every entry that had anything to do with google. It probably does not stop it but at least I am not voluntarily complying with them.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Youtube is a place to stay away from.

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 11:16 (215 days ago) @ JimT

Google sends me a map of everyplace I drove to each month. If I ever have a secret girlfriend, or rob a bank LOL, I'll have to lose my phone for that trip.

Bob

Their largest customer is the CIA.

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 12:29 (215 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

And other "alphabet" agencies of the government.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

I always assumed...

by cas, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 15:23 (215 days ago) @ JimT

...that's where they got much of their start up funding from the get go.

Seems kind of pointless for something like that.

by cas, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 15:31 (215 days ago) @ A K Church

Way back when I would grumble about shooting videos "Why does everyone need to turn it into a music video?"
Then I started making videos (multi gun, USPSA etc) and found they can be pretty boring without. But it needs to be at an appropriate level, a garnish, not the main dish.

This reminded me of watching lots of arrow fletching videos lately, people trying to make comparison videos of the different sound level various brand/style fletching makes. But they're so close to the target that the amount of time, amount of sound you get to hear between the bow noise and the target noise is so small you can't distinguish what's what. It's pointless as well.

I know whereof you speak. It appears the entire point

by JohnKDM, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 19:24 (215 days ago) @ A K Church

is to make each video a high-speed-low-drag-operator-body-stacking demonstration no matter the point of the video. It is like TV sitcoms - same plot, same music - it is just how it is done.

It Ain't Me.

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Monday, October 23, 2023, 15:19 (214 days ago) @ A K Church

while I happen to have G19 set up like that as well, I have yet to make a vid about it.

While the MTV music video certainly was the birthplace of this, I think the shooting community unfortunately took the idea to heart when a certain U.S. Army Hostage Rescue Special Mission Unit was making a recruiting video and a rough cut preliminary version, that had a loud rock music background, was nixed by the commander and somehow got released to the public. Just my opinion, or course.

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

This is perhaps boring to those that need blinky-flashy

by JohnKDM, Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:51 (213 days ago) @ A K Church

things to hold their attention, but it conveys the information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-MaX_YsOog

This is perhaps boring to those that need blinky-flashy

by A K Church, Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 17:56 (212 days ago) @ JohnKDM

Communication is a wonderful thing, and that video accomplishes the goal. The difference between 1st and 2nd round on the suppressed 1911 was remarkable, by the way.

A friend of mine who shall remain nameless

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, November 02, 2023, 12:46 (204 days ago) @ A K Church

Hate utube music.

RSS Feed of thread