I have a Ruger American .22 Magnum

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, October 21, 2023, 14:43 (210 days ago)

I probably shared this before but Gunner's great shooting Ruger American made me do it. They are great rifles!
I cut the barrel to 16" but otherwise it is factory.
[image]

It seems accurate with most whatever I run through it. I am not much of a rifleman but it makes me look good.

[image]

[image]

[image]

I set a fired 5.56 case on the 50 yard target stand and whacked it first shot.

[image]

3 Shots at 130 yards
[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

I have a Ruger American .22 Magnum

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 11:20 (209 days ago) @ JimT

I've been contemplating a 22-magnum rifle lately. The ones I had back in the 80's didnt shoot that well. More like 1-1/2-to-2-inch five shot groups at 50 yards. But they had not so good triggers (Marlins and H&R's).

Bob

I was quite amazed at this rifle's ease of use.

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 12:27 (209 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

The trigger has a great let-off and the gun just performs if I will hold it still. It seems to shoot well with most any ammo I run through it.

I don't care for long-barreled rifles ... just a personal preference. If I were allowed I would have cut the barrel to 14" but I don't want to go through all the cost and paperwork to do that.

Dick Casull built a .22 Magnum submachine gun years ago. He said the .22 Magnum gets all its power in 12 inches. His sub gun had a 500 round drum magazine. The magazine was powered by the bolt. Using FMJ ammo the penetration at 50 yards was amazing.

This was 1986
[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

RSS Feed of thread