Ruger American Rimfire.....

by Gunner @, St Louis, Saturday, October 21, 2023, 12:59 (210 days ago)

Awhile back there was a discussion about 22 LR bolt action rifles, mainly the Ruger American Rimfire (RAmR) and how good they shoot. I have been wanting a good bolt 22 rifle so I had my dealer order one in for me. I chose the stainless, plastic stock, threaded barrel version, I would have much preferred a blued/wood stocked example but since I own a 22 LR suppressor thought the threaded stainless one made sense, though I am looking for a wood take off stock to convert mine : )

For years I have been collecting various 22 LR match ammo when deals were found so hunting down ammo for testing in the RAmR was as easy as opening a ammo can under the bench. Mounted a Vortex 4-12x scope, then did a little adjusting on the factory trigger which was heavier than I wanted for group shooting, decent now but still heavy at around 3.5 lbs for accuracy testing, wanted to go to a lighter weight but ran out of screw travel in the adjustment.

[image]

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Ruger American Rimfire.....

by BobM, Ohio, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 06:38 (209 days ago) @ Gunner

I have the threaded compacts in long rifle and magnum. I think they both shoot better than I expected for their price range

RSS Feed of thread