Shot the .45 Colt Green Dot loads at 50 yards today.

by JimT, Texas, Monday, October 16, 2023, 13:35 (215 days ago)

The wind was pretty durn gusty and I was having problems with sun glare on the sights. But I had a good time and proved to myself that Green Dot can give good accuracy in the .45 Colt. I knew it worked well in the .45 ACP and the 25 yard groups with the .45 Colt sure showed potential.

Best Group of the Day
-was almost completely off the target! Sun glare on the front sight did not help my poor eyesight.
[image]

I blackened the front sight and that changed the point of impact drastically.
[image]

When I bought the Green Dot it was considerably cheaper than Unique. Not sure if that is still the case but I will be checking it out.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Shot the .45 Colt Green Dot loads at 50 yards today.

by JT, Monday, October 16, 2023, 14:26 (215 days ago) @ JimT

I LIKE BOTH GREEN DOT AND RED DOT

I have never used Green Dot for pistol loads, only for

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, October 16, 2023, 21:23 (215 days ago) @ JimT

20 gauge shotshells but have used a lot of it for that. This is interesting.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

The 7.5 gr. of GD seems about equal to 8.5 gr. Unique

by JimT, Texas, Monday, October 16, 2023, 23:17 (214 days ago) @ Hobie

in the .45 Colt with the Keith SWC. It hits about the same place at 25 and 50 yards.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

The 7.5 gr. of GD seems about equal to 8.5 gr. Unique

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 04:15 (214 days ago) @ JimT

Interesting! I have a partial can of green dot around that I got in some deal awhile back. I’m not sure if I’ve ever tried it. Like Mr Taffin, I like Red a dot and have used quite a bit of it over the years. I may have to give that Green Dot a try!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

It seems to be about halfway between Bullseye and Unique.

by JimT, Texas, Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 07:17 (214 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Works well in the .45 ACP from personal experience. I am sure would work well in the .38 Special also.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

RSS Feed of thread