JohnKDM. 10/22 SBR yet more,.still

by A K Church, Saturday, September 30, 2023, 19:25 (231 days ago)

So broke down and bought one of the not budget priced AGP stocks. I'm impressed.

1 The magazines slip in on mine, and seem to lock in place with no fuss.

2 The action seems to have a nice solid bedding in the stock, so maybe the action will stop wiggling around. I am going to start trying to improve the accuracy of the little pig, which is 4" at 50yds on a good day, and past 5" if anything much makes it unhappy.

3 Don't like the sling swivel placement at all. And not really fond of socket swivels, either.

4 Going to run 100 more minimags through it tomorrow, but I'm pretty confident it will run fine.

5 A lot of progress in the last few weeks, more than in the 4+ years before.

Keep after it. When it is dialed in it will become a

by JohnKDM, Wednesday, October 04, 2023, 09:35 (227 days ago) @ A K Church

favorite! Agree with the sling issue with the stock, I don't use one.

At the moment, mine is wearing a Sightmark Mini Wraith; excellent diller medicine. Ah hates the hole diggin' things. Wife and I both have twisted ankles in the dark at the farm.

As mentioned, try it on paper with and without the can just to validate the thread shoulder.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, October 04, 2023, 18:56 (227 days ago) @ A K Church

Glad you’re making progress on it. Bummer the BC stock didn’t work out.

I have a charger that was a lot of fun to shoot with the nifty folding brace. Since that bs is going on, i shout-out drop the coin to sbr it.

Althou, on that front I saw something recently that said, I believe, the judge in the 5th circuit court of appeals swatted down the brace thing fro FPC members and also basically said that stocks should be allowed on ‘pistols’ as well as braces so how knows, maybe the whole SBR thing will go away in sometime in my lifetime!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

by A K Church, Thursday, October 05, 2023, 21:03 (226 days ago) @ Slow Hand
edited by A K Church, Friday, October 06, 2023, 04:28

Ain't nothin' guaranteed...

However I feel more optimistic about many bad laws and regulations being forced to go away, than I ever have before.

The wild eyed optimists are talking about "they'll repeal the NFA34" "they'll repeal the GCA68". No they won't. But I suspect parts of them will go away.

IMO, as long as wealthy and connected individuals own

by JohnKDM, Thursday, October 05, 2023, 23:26 (225 days ago) @ A K Church

hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of transferable machineguns, the NFA will not disappear. Cheaper things like silencers and SBRs, might shifted out of the NFA into some new category.

IMO, as long as wealthy and connected individuals own

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, October 06, 2023, 04:12 (225 days ago) @ JohnKDM

I know that in general Full Auto is a wealthy man’s game, but I wonder how many really rich and connected people own a substantial amount of transferables. I mean if someone has multiple millions of dollars sitting in the stock market, is driving a 200K car, living in a multi million dollar home, do they really have several hundred thousand dollars or even millions worth of transferables that they are concerned about losing their investments on?

As to the other stuff one off list or onto another list, some days I think I’d be ‘fine’ (not really) with the stupid $200 tax stamp if it was a simple, instant call in transfer like an average 4473.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Quite a lot of them. I have seen the interior of one such

by JohnKDM, Friday, October 06, 2023, 06:46 (225 days ago) @ Slow Hand

owner's vault and very few knew he owned a large quantity of transferable MGs outside of his circle of doctors/lawyers/stockbrokers. You don't see these guys and their collectable items at Knob Creek.

RSS Feed of thread