Blackhawks questions and WTB....

by Gunner @, St Louis, Thursday, May 27, 2021, 20:31 (1065 days ago)

Does anyone know the correct size on the grip frame roll pin for the grip panels??

Does the little tiny sideways ramp at the top, front of the grip frame have a purpose? Always thought it was a left over from casting and really silly to file the underside of the grip panel to go over it.

And the Wanted To Buy......I need a stainless steel Ruger Blackhawk grip frame, anyone have one laying around that you are willing to part with??? Shoot me an email with details to either one......

[image]

Thanks,
Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Finally remembered to dig out a grip frame...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, May 29, 2021, 10:19 (1063 days ago) @ Gunner

The pin is a nominal 5/32" (0.156"). Throwing a caliper on it shows a diameter of 0.157+". I can get more exact if you want.

The "ramped" area of the grips is support for a protrusion into the cylinder frame. There are two 'keys', for a lack of a better term, that index into the cylinder frame. Do you want a picture?

And, nope, no stainless grip frame here, sorry.

by E Sisk, Saturday, May 29, 2021, 14:12 (1063 days ago) @ Gunner

Think I have SS grip frame in my box of Ruger parts. Bought it years ago for a future project. It is unfitted. I will take a couple of pics tonight and send.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, May 29, 2021, 14:42 (1063 days ago) @ Gunner

Sorry to say I sold a SS xre3-red the day before you posted your need.

RSS Feed of thread