Into every life, some rain must fall

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 13:55 (1122 days ago)

Our lives have taken another turn here at Casa Hoot. I spent last week in the care of a local hospital after a very short colonoscopy which ended with the doctor saying, “You need to go to the hospital, son.” After a CT scan, we were informed that I have a mass on my lower colon which is most probably cancerous. They took me in for a bit of surgery Wednesday to take care of some immediate problems. When I woke up in the recovery room, I was instantly amazed at how much better I felt. It’s “funny” just how much misery a person can be in and not really realize it.

The remainder of the week was spent visiting the most expensive machines in the place, repeatedly. I had CT’s, MRI’s, X-rays, ultrasounds and whatnot while they figured out just what they had on their hands.

The over-arching plan right now is to begin chemo and possibly radiation in the next few weeks. As of this moment, we don’t know specifically which cancer we are trying to attack but I have biopsies and doctor visits starting to pile up so I expect we will have some answers soon.

During all of this, I lost somewhere over 40lbs. Melodie and I are working on bulking me back up to fighting trim so I can face what’s coming. By the way, I do NOT recommend this weight loss program.

I was released last Friday evening and have been home since. I am completely mobile and there are no restrictions on diet or activity. My doctor told me, “Your body will tell you to stop.” We are working at building my stamina and overall strength. I am very motivated as we fully intend to head to CSA in April, go chase hogs in May and there’s always plenty to do at our cabin up nort’.

We would be very grateful for your prayers and thoughts as we head down this path.

Thank you,
Hoot

by Bob Hatfield @, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 14:11 (1122 days ago) @ Hoot

I wish you a swift recovery. I have a lot of colon cancer on my mothers side of the family.

Well Hoot

by Frank S, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 14:27 (1122 days ago) @ Hoot

Praying for complete recovery.

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 16:19 (1122 days ago) @ Hoot

Prayers sent.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 18:34 (1122 days ago) @ Hoot

Prayers sent up. Looking forward to seeing you at Cannon’s in October!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

You are always in my prayers..

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 19:42 (1122 days ago) @ Hoot

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by jgt, Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 06:32 (1121 days ago) @ Hoot

You got it. May God Bless you.

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 07:04 (1121 days ago) @ Hoot

Wow! Prayers on behalf of you, your family and your medical team. May you recover quickly.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 10:52 (1121 days ago) @ Hoot

Sorry to hear of this Hoot, I will remember you in prayer, recovery, family and the doctors.
God Bless you.

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 15:10 (1121 days ago) @ Hoot

Will keep you in my prayers.

by bj @, Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 18:07 (1121 days ago) @ Hoot

Prayers sent- hope you get better soon.

(I don't know where you found 40 pounds to lose.)

Prayers up, brother!

by cubrock, Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 21:49 (1121 days ago) @ Hoot

Sure am sad to hear some trouble has come your way. You've had more than your share already.

I am sorry to hear this,

by Jared, Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 22:20 (1121 days ago) @ Hoot

Y’all will be in our prayers

by Murphy @, Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 23:26 (1120 days ago) @ Hoot

Hoot,

Sorry to hear of the diagnosis and surgery. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Murphy

Hoot

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Thursday, March 04, 2021, 05:54 (1120 days ago) @ Hoot

Mike you are in my Prayers, I am sure your going to get through this. :-D

by Otony, Thursday, March 04, 2021, 06:23 (1120 days ago) @ Hoot

I will gladly add to the prayer chain, and wish you all the best in your fight.

Otony

by E Sisk, Thursday, March 04, 2021, 21:32 (1120 days ago) @ Otony

Many Many Prayers

Hoot, we certainly will

by Catoosa, Thursday, March 04, 2021, 20:27 (1120 days ago) @ Hoot

May the Lord's hand fold 'round you and shield you, and His Grace make you strong.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, March 05, 2021, 11:55 (1119 days ago) @ Hoot

I am humbled by the support of this group. I have met many of you in person and know a lot only via the interwebs. I have never known a finer group of people, period.

Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts.

A very grateful Hoot

I'll keep a good thought for you, sorry to hear this.

by pokynojoe, Friday, March 05, 2021, 15:38 (1119 days ago) @ Hoot

hang in there Mike, it gets better.

by Mike P @, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 10:32 (1118 days ago) @ Hoot

Prayers go up!

Bucking for some heart surgery in the near future myself. Similar deal. Routine physical EKG bad, Heart Cath bad, more tests before likely triple bypass. Oddly enough I started working a construction job a few months ago to get in better shape.

Glad they found it and you all are working to resolve it! Every blessing to you and yours!
Mike P

--
AKA zzr7ky

RSS Feed of thread