Range Day 07-06-20

by Gunner @, St Louis, Monday, July 06, 2020, 18:41 (1361 days ago)

Decided to end my long weekend with a range day, mainly wanted to test some new 9mm ammo I bought from Aim Surplus, SVT Technologies Scorpio 115gr FMJ. Unfortunately they are now out of stock as I sure wanted more after shooting it today.

[image]

Very nice looking ammo, was very consistent, clean burning and grouped nicely in my Kahr CT9 and RIA 1911a1.....

[image]

[image]

Fully believe the ammo can do better, it was like 900% humidity by the time I got setup and started shooting, but with a 2 hand hold, standing at 10 yards it shot nicely.

[image]

I also brought along my 10/22 Lite as I call it, I need to shoot it more, what a fun little rifle. Walked back to the 75 yard marker and just ate up the steel target with Blaser ammo, seemed hard to miss. Also brought the Kimber TLE, she has a short throat and wants very little shoulder sticking out on the 185 gr SWC, jacketed feeds/function ok.

I have been amazed over the years when I hear people mention Les Baer 1911's and make the statement that he fits his 1911's too tight, yes they are tight BUT they run 100%, I have 3 now plus 2 other ones that I sold, wish I had that Thunder Ranch model back, best trigger I have ever felt on a 1911. So why am I bringing up Baer when talking about my new Kimber??? As an example of what I was talking about, my TLE, while really nice has given me a few issues to deal with, all due to tight fitting of parts and spec's on it. A few hundred more rounds thru it will solve them. All good.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Range Day 07-06-20

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, July 06, 2020, 21:23 (1361 days ago) @ Gunner

A day at the range is always good. :-D

Looks good Gunner!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 08:53 (1360 days ago) @ Gunner

"900% humidity"...yep, been real bad here too but it made me smile.

RSS Feed of thread