Finger pinching LC9 - anybody else have this?

by stonewalrus, Friday, March 08, 2019, 20:58 (1879 days ago)
edited by stonewalrus, Friday, March 08, 2019, 21:11

I have noticed if I fire more than a few rounds I end up with a sore trigger finger. I have googled and I am not the only one. I think it must be between the trigger and trigger guard. Didn’t see anybody having a solution. Anybody else having this problem? It has one of those trigger within a trigger “safeties” but I see no sharp or rough edges. Doesn’t seem to do it when dry firing it.

by SIXGUNNER, Friday, March 08, 2019, 21:45 (1878 days ago) @ stonewalrus

HAPPENS TO ME WITH ALL "SAFETY TRIGGERS". FOR ANY LONG SESSION I HAVE TO TAPE MY TRIGGER FINGER.

One reason I bought a P365, my finger doesn't get

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, March 08, 2019, 23:00 (1878 days ago) @ stonewalrus

pinched, the trigger doesn't have sharp edges... The 10-round magazine and relatively small size is a positive as well.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, March 09, 2019, 20:15 (1878 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Like JT, happens with all those lever triggers to some extent. I have finally gotten my XDm's smoothed out to avoid it now.

Yes...

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Sunday, March 10, 2019, 10:57 (1877 days ago) @ stonewalrus

A reshaping of the end of the safety blade fixed mine. I took a lot off it. Till the end was nearly flush with the trigger blade. The guns gone now, or I would take a pic.

How did you take it off? Did you remove the trigger to do it

by stonewalrus, Sunday, March 10, 2019, 18:31 (1877 days ago) @ MS

Nm

How did you take it off? Did you remove the trigger to do it

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Friday, March 15, 2019, 22:47 (1871 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I just wedged it forward and used a narrow file across it to reshape the end.
Not very gunsmith like but it worked.

Works for me - was actually easier to do than I feared

by stonewalrus, Sunday, March 17, 2019, 07:16 (1870 days ago) @ MS

Apparently not that hard a steel.

RSS Feed of thread