New pocket pistol

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, June 02, 2012, 20:24 (4353 days ago)

Ive been thinking about a new pocket pistol of the 9mm style lately. I was close to buying a P3AT and a new Bodyguard .380 recently. I fell in love with the PF-9 when they first came out...until I shot a buddy's! I have fairly large, beefy hands and just could not hang onto it! I had to require a new grip every shot. Stopped by a shop today and they had a used P-11 in the case for $189. Talked them down to $169 and took it home. I definitely want to test fire it before carrying it but I really like the idea of having double the rounds in a similar sized package!

[image]

[image]

[image]

Just need to make a pocket holster for it and get to the range to run some ammo through it.

Doug K

New pocket pistol

by BobM, Ohio, Saturday, June 02, 2012, 21:31 (4353 days ago) @ Slow Hand

You might already know but they also accepts mags from 59 series S&W 9mm pistols. Several guys used to use them as backups, as I recall they seemed to run pretty well.

New pocket pistol

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, June 02, 2012, 22:06 (4353 days ago) @ BobM

Yep, got a 15 round Mec-Gar mag while I was there. They had a 17 rounder but it took a he k of a whack to get it to lock in and then it didn't want to release. Kinda like when I carry my Glock 19, my back up may is a 17 rounder.

One of my guys ha a P-11...

by Sarge, Saturday, June 02, 2012, 23:21 (4353 days ago) @ Slow Hand

and I've shot it enough to be convinced it is reliable and accurate enough to stay in the 9 of a B27 at 25 yards, without undue effort. Good sights for the class and a trigger you are NEVER gonna fire unintentionally, make for a real little decent pocket rocket.

That's the first time I ever saw one laid over a J frame. That is an eye opener.

One of my guys ha a P-11...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, June 03, 2012, 07:57 (4352 days ago) @ Sarge

I hope this one proves to be reliable. It's got some wear showing to been carried a good bit so I hope it's already broken in. I tried hand cycling ammo through it last night and it hung up on everything including FMJ! A slight bump onths rear of the frame sent it home. This was pulling back, hesitating, then letting fly. If I just racked it quickly and let the slide slip from my grip and it seemed ok. We'll see once I get it to the range.

It seems bulkier than the 442 but they could definitely fit in the same sized box! I haven't checked loaded weight side by side but I'm sure the P-11 will be heavier. Twice the payload is worth it to me. I've got some gold dot 124+P short barrel loads that I think will be perfect for this!

New pocket pistol

by FOG, Sunday, June 03, 2012, 00:13 (4353 days ago) @ Slow Hand

That KelTec looks like a neat little blaster, HOWEVER...

Seeing as how this is The Frontier Sixshooter Community Message Board, don't be surprised if you find yourself coming around 'full-circle.'

I know I have. :-D

--
[image]

New pocket pistol

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, June 03, 2012, 07:51 (4352 days ago) @ FOG

Oh, I've been around and around...

Had a 642 years ago, then got my great uncles Cobra so I sold the 642. Started carrying a P-32 and gave the Cobra to dad. Missed the revolver so I found the 442 and now I've got the P-11. I don't see myself selling this 442 (it's so worn and ugly nobody would want it anyways!) but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they compare against each other!

Comparisions: I too have tried em and other autos...round

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, June 03, 2012, 10:57 (4352 days ago) @ Slow Hand

count is superior, but the angular edges wear on me and my clothes faster and are harder to make blend in. My ugly 442, purchased for my wife to carry, then carried by me for years, when she went to her K-32 and G27...now, my daughter has adopted it as her own.I get by with a m-37 or my 640... You might try a M-59 magazine for fit and feeding in that... I THINK they are compatible for a 15 round reload.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

here is a link to online Keltec information

by bj @, Sunday, June 03, 2012, 20:53 (4352 days ago) @ Slow Hand

New pocket pistol

by Josh Maloley, Sunday, June 03, 2012, 21:53 (4352 days ago) @ Slow Hand

You should send me that poor ugly 442...you'll never need it again...:-D :-D :-D

No, no, no!!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, June 04, 2012, 04:30 (4351 days ago) @ Josh Maloley

I think I've learned to not be without a snubbie again whether I 'think' I need one or not! I still love the fact that it works everytime no matter how full of pocket lint or dust. Plus, when we head to our place on the Ohio River it usually has the first two Roy XS replaced with snake shot. Not too many pocket rockets or wonder nines cycle that stuff very well!

Awful thoughtful of you, though...

RSS Feed of thread