WAAAAAA!!!!

by Baby Hoot, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:49 (4355 days ago)

So, apparently posting factual feedback about the recent GunBroker rule violation earns me a new sobriquet. I tell you, I am absolutely crushed!

Here is the auction => http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=286320546

Take a look-see at the feedback I left the seller and his response.

The thing I cannot seem to find is just exactly where I can lodge a formal complaint with GB. Everything I see points me to feedback as my only recourse.

Oh well. Caveat emptor I guess.

he's his own best warning

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:00 (4355 days ago) @ Baby Hoot

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yup - I'd sure steer clear of someone if I saw that post

by stonewalrus, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:40 (4355 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

from the seller

To treat customers like crap in public reveals what a

by BCodd, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:45 (4355 days ago) @ Baby Hoot

shmuck he is.

Feedback

by JLF @, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 20:02 (4355 days ago) @ Baby Hoot

Feedback is a pretty good lick. I've lost count of the Gunbroker shoppers I've encountered who have a policy of not dealing with sellers who have even one negative feedback. And since it's a clear rule violation, word might filter back to the Gunbroker brass from the feedback. Ya done good...

JLF

We know you, Hoot. Unfortunately, we know him now

by John Meeker @, Sad to hear that our culture has lost, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 20:04 (4355 days ago) @ Baby Hoot

His wretched snot attitude shows quite well in his reply.

I don't think there are live people at Gunbroker

by anachronism, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 20:09 (4355 days ago) @ Baby Hoot

If there are, I've never been able to contact them. They definitely insulate themselves from those who would cause effort on their part.

If you don't want to play by the rules, don't play and if

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 20:16 (4355 days ago) @ Baby Hoot

you play and violate a rule accept the consequences with grace.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Thanks fellas!!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, June 01, 2012, 08:32 (4354 days ago) @ Baby Hoot

While I am still disappointed by the rule violation and reaction, it's gotten to the point of amusement now. There are horses' butts in this world and it works out that a fella runs into one now and again.

As I was drifting off to sleep last night, a wonderfully evil thought came into my head...not that I would condone such action of course.

But, what if a guy found himself in a similar situation and had a word with a 100 or so friends. Each of those friends could then go and bid in this auction---especially if a bidding war could be orchestrated. The seller would watch the apparent value soar through the roof and rue the fact that he ever sold it over the counter for less. Plus, it would drive up the auction fees which would also eat at his profit.

Fraudulent? Yep. We'd never do such a thing. Oh well, the thought made me chuckle.

RSS Feed of thread