Background check form change?

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 05:49 (4356 days ago)

When I purchased a handgun Saturday, there was a question about whether you had purchased a handgun from the same business in the past 5 days. This was a new one on me! I had not bought a handgun from a dealer in a while though. Don't you love it when ATF can arbitrarily decide to require more information?

That's always (for the last however long) been something

by MR, Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 07:20 (4356 days ago) @ stonewalrus

the dealer had to report for multiple sales of handguns within 5 days. They get all pissy if you don't send in the multiple sales form on time. I'm sure Mr. Holder's minions decided to put it on the purchaser in addition to the dealer. Doesn't surprise me. They are damn serious about their paper work. Unless, as demonstrated, they are the ones not reporting something.

Come to think of it, the guy came back and asked me

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:21 (4356 days ago) @ MR

And the part of the form he pointed to was the part he was supposed to fill out. Part time employee - probably easier to ask me than check himself.

One is supposed to ask the buyer if they have purchased

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 10:17 (4356 days ago) @ stonewalrus

another handgun(s) in the past 5 days and then report it. If they've changed the 4473, that's news to me. The buyer doesn't complete anything past where he/she signs the form (attesting that the information is correct). One can think of this form as a legal document, chain of evidence and such. It is imperative that it be correctly filled out by both buyer and seller. Yes, the ATF does get "pissy" about the form AND reporting multiple handgun sales.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

...unless THEY are involved and it will further their own

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 13:13 (4356 days ago) @ Hobie

agenda of disarmament. 2,000 + dead bodies don't lie.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I can't AFFORD two handguns a week so it's never been a

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 14:22 (4355 days ago) @ Hobie

Problem. Thought of you though - the guy waiting on me said he almost bought it himself but he couldn't afford to buy everything he liked that came in the door.

You guys quit bitchin'. This measure is in place...

by Sarge, Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 22:57 (4355 days ago) @ stonewalrus

to prevent us from buying too many, and shorting an important shipment to Mexico.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 00:08 (4355 days ago) @ Sarge

!!!!!!!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread