Lanyard rings on 3rd Gen. Colt SAAs?

by AkRay, Saturday, May 19, 2012, 20:32 (4370 days ago)

Did 3rd Generation Colt Single Action Armies ever come from the factory with lanyard rings? I saw a 5 1/2" 44 Special today with one, but I don't remember ever hearing about lanyard rings.

Well, that would be cool! Unfortunately, I don't know a

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, May 19, 2012, 21:18 (4370 days ago) @ AkRay

thing about it, except that I want one.:-D

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Lanyard rings on 3rd Gen. Colt SAAs?

by Alfred John, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 08:57 (4370 days ago) @ AkRay

I remember at one time you could special order them with Lanyard Rings. Don't know if it is still possible. I have put a couple of lanyard rings on several pistols I own. Got the rings from Gun Parts (British made) and it wasn't difficult to do, just need a machinest vice, good sharp drill with a drill press and a center punch. The same with Smith and Wessons, they could be ordered with a lanyard ring on the butt, but it had to be a special order. Back in the day they would split the serial number one half on one side of the ring and one on the other side. Looked well done and was cool. This was popular with Coon Hunters when moving around water at night. Later Smith and Wesson would add them at the rear of the grip, just didn't look right to me, but production time is everything.I like a handgun properly equipped with a laynard ring and the use of a lanyard. One thing I have been thinking about is maybe using a machine threated quick detachable sling swivel studd. Good Luck.

not sure, but sounds great!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 10:49 (4370 days ago) @ AkRay

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread