lock and load my friends

by stonewalrus, Friday, May 18, 2012, 11:18 (4372 days ago)

Expectations Full: Jihadi Manual
On May 15, al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released a new English-language training manual that encourages American jihadis to stay in the United States and conduct attacks rather than join the insurgency in Yemen. The manual was reportedly written by Samir Khan, a U.S. citizen who was responsible for Inspire Magazine and killed in the air strike that also killed Anwar al-Awlaki in September 2011. Expectations Full also provides details about what would-be jihadis should expect and tips to prepare themselves if they do travel to an al-Qa'ida training camp as well as guidance on how recruits can avoid suspicion when seeking to join al-Qa'ida.

It promises to be an interesting summer

by anachronism, Friday, May 18, 2012, 22:42 (4371 days ago) @ stonewalrus

between this and the Travon Martin fiasco.

Yup

by stonewalrus, Saturday, May 19, 2012, 08:17 (4371 days ago) @ anachronism

Nm

lock and load my friends

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, May 19, 2012, 14:58 (4370 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Yes sir , be prepared I think is going to be a interesting year.

lock and load my friends

by Catoosa, Saturday, May 19, 2012, 23:38 (4370 days ago) @ Fivegunner

We all hope and pray for this I know, BUT has anyone else thought about what might happen after the election if Obama is defeated? Certain elements in this country may be expected to be very unhappy.

Unsettling possibilities &etc.

You've got plenty of rock - may need to start on that fort

by stonewalrus, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 09:51 (4370 days ago) @ Catoosa

Nm

happening already: Unarmed restraunt patrons attacked

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 10:26 (4370 days ago) @ stonewalrus

http://www.suntimes.com/12640681-761/suspects-wielding-hammers-and-batons-attack-diners... what a difference if ONE of them had a J frame in thioer pocket and the mindset to employ it...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

happening already: Unarmed restraunt patrons attacked

by Otony, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 12:18 (4370 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

yup, sort of sums up my post up above, don't it?

".....from a turn of the century bad hombre, Bill Longley.

He was asked about why he was armed at all times and responded with what is now a famous old saying, "I may go a long time and never need it but if I do, I'll need it mighty damned bad".

Couldn't happen in a better place than Chicago!

by stonewalrus, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 18:48 (4369 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Maybe a few more attacks like that and folks will get up in arms to be armed!

I live locked and loaded

by Jhenry, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 15:12 (4369 days ago) @ stonewalrus

It became patently obvious to me in the early 80's that our society has multiple soft targets just waiting to be hit, and the average person has no idea on earth how easy it would be to hit the US from within. All it would take is a few dedicated fanatics willing to die in the process, and someone with half a brain to coordinate it. 9/11 woke a lot of folks up, but complacency is slowly enveloping many again. Homegrown terror will be an issue, and pretty soon too.

As for the racial strife that some leaders appear to be whipping folks into, well, bless their cotton picking hearts.

They don't even have to die...

by anachronism, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:08 (4369 days ago) @ Jhenry

The vast majority of Americans don't realize what a fragile, target rich environment we live in. These are usually the ones who believe the Police are here to protect their individual safety and freedoms. When you mention the inevitability of attacks, these people are commonly heard to reply "they won't let that happen". Whom, may I ask, is "they"? And the bad guys could cause all sorts of nastiness without ever setting foot in our fair city. Our infrastructure is wide open to cyber attacks, and all sorts of indirect attacks.

RSS Feed of thread