Thank you, all of you

by brionic @, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 11:13 (4373 days ago)
edited by brionic, Monday, December 17, 2012, 20:21

To all of you who have kept our little D. in your thoughts and prayers, and to those of you who have reached out to us in so many ways, I thank you. To my CSA friends and others who gave and gave some more, I thank you. You have touched us, with your kindness, your compassion, and with the strength that you have sent our way. What you offered in kindness directly helped with purchase of Neupogen, an injected protein that is helping him rebuild his white blood cell supply, which had bottomed out.

I cant express, in words, how your thoughts, messages, and deeds have steadied me in this time when I feel like I'm free falling. I hope you never understand what I mean, but I know that some of you do, unfortunately. Your notes and convictions have left me speechless, and those of you who know me appreciate how unusual that is!

I hope to repay your kindnesses to another in need, and more personally, over bread and libations while watching my three boys clang the steel with your children and grandchildren.

We have had a setback this week. His tumor has stopped responding to the even more aggressive chemo treatments, so our surgeon and doctors have advised immediate resection of his liver on Monday. They have degraded his prognosis. His odds now are 50/50, which is hard to type.

Please keep my little guy in your thoughts and prayers, and, if you would, lend a bit more courage to his mother and brothers.

I long for better news next week, but every time I've started to feel upbeat, the wits have been bashed out of me by turns of circumstance.

Prayers continue

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 11:14 (4373 days ago) @ brionic

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Thank you, all of you

by cubrock, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 11:14 (4373 days ago) @ brionic

Thank you for the update, Brian. Our church continues to pray for him and all of you!

Prayer continue.

by Mike P @, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 11:45 (4373 days ago) @ brionic

It's our honor 7 and privalege to pray for your son. Thanks for the update.

Mike P and family

Prayers and a few tears continue

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 12:09 (4373 days ago) @ brionic

Nm

May God's healing

by madbohemian, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 12:30 (4373 days ago) @ stonewalrus

power have him come through this. Prayers sent for Dashiell and you all.

Mike

Likewise..

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 12:59 (4373 days ago) @ madbohemian

nm

Our prayers continue.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 12:57 (4373 days ago) @ brionic

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Praying for all of you right now.

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 14:15 (4373 days ago) @ brionic

May God give you all the strength needed during this time.

i am going to believe they will succeed and will continue

by cable, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 15:51 (4373 days ago) @ brionic

praying for his cure and long life.

Thank you, all of you

by Jhenry, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 17:51 (4372 days ago) @ brionic

I will continue to keep you, your son, and the rest of the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Continued Prayers for you all.

by Gary G, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 20:08 (4372 days ago) @ brionic

C

Brian, we continue

by Catoosa, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 20:14 (4372 days ago) @ brionic

to pray for Dashiell and for all of you. God has an inexhaustible reservoir of strength and hope. May He pour it down on you and shelter Dashiell in His hands through all this.

There are times...

by Murphy @, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 21:09 (4372 days ago) @ brionic

when words can never truly express that which we wish to convey to another.

It's in our hearts & souls but just can't be put into words.

Family and friends, are the two most precious things God allows us in life.

My prayers for Dashiell, Pam, you and the boys will go on daily.

Murphy

Done

by Byron, Thursday, May 10, 2012, 08:07 (4372 days ago) @ brionic

Brian, my heart breaks for your son.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, May 10, 2012, 09:50 (4372 days ago) @ brionic

You have a ton of good folks in your corner. I know this helps.

Please keep us up to date when you can.

Thank you, all of you

by Mark Stevenson, Friday, May 11, 2012, 22:44 (4370 days ago) @ brionic

Brian, we've had Dashiell and the rest of you in our prayer list since we first heard about it. More prayers from here for healing for Dashiell and peace (as much as possible in this circumstance) for the rest of your family.

Thank you, all of you

by Dave in NM @, Alamogordo, nm 88310, Saturday, May 12, 2012, 12:10 (4370 days ago) @ brionic

We will keep you all in prayer.

RSS Feed of thread