Oh the irony of it all...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 15:26 (4374 days ago)

This Warren woman in Massachusetts who claimed to be 1/32nd Cherokee made me laugh at first but now, it is just sad. The irony is that the man whose wife she claimed gave her this special heredity actually helped round up the Cherokees for forced removal (against a SCOTUS ruling BTW) and his wife (the source of the sacred genealogical blessing) wasn't in any way a Native American. The one thing I constantly find in my genealogical research is that family stories might contain clues but are often wrong on the facts.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/08/Elizabeth-Warren-Ancestor-Trail-of-T...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I think the world is indeed upside down...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 15:32 (4374 days ago) @ Hobie

reminds me of all the folks that INSIST that their family

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 21:56 (4373 days ago) @ Hobie

hist9ory goes back to a European Monarch... stories change, more than likely their great great great aunt was the chamber maid for a Monarch...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

reminds me of all the folks that INSIST that their family

by Alfred John, Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 10:10 (4373 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I remember an artical some years back, when they were doing tracing via DNA to find a background. It seems many, many, many people can be traced to a number of emporers and so on way back. the old saying,"To the Victor goes the spoils. Just saying. I believe it was King George the Fourth who had a number of mistresses and at least 14 illegitimat(sp?) offspring, most of whom he never acknowledged. Just saying...

RSS Feed of thread