Ruger Security Six front sight

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 11:03 (4374 days ago)

I have been painting the front sight of my SS red to help my old eyes. Is there something more permanent I can do that does not involve a custom gunsmith? It doesn't look like there is much in the way of replacement sights.

Ashley (XS) used to offer sights for the 6's....

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 12:55 (4374 days ago) @ stonewalrus
edited by Hoot, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 13:02

I had their "Big Dot" trit front but it was VERY big. Probably good for snap shooting but too danged big for target shooting. It's been a while since I looked tho'.

Edited to add: Yep, still there => http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=handgun

Ruger Security Six front sight

by FOG, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 18:14 (4373 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Just a few months ago, Optics Planet was still listing the MILLETT 100 Series front sights for Rugers, and there were quite a few of them on eBay. (I bought one for a Redhawk from Optics Planet via Amazon.)

Today, I could only find two of them for the Security Six, both on eBay:

MILLETT #FB00003 (White)

MILLETT #FB00004 (Orange)

These start at $34.99, which is about 3X the last retail price on them, but like the saying goes, "They don't make them like they used to." (At all.)

Note this part does require minor gunsmithing in the case of the Security Six (drilling for the cross pin).

HTH :-)

PS: If it's any consolation, the MILLETT sight I purchased from OP/Amazon a few months ago cost about the same with shipping, and I thought it was "worth it."

--
[image]

Thanks - I put a bid in on the orange one

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 20:54 (4373 days ago) @ FOG

Nm

Strangely enough, I was outbid on that one (wasn't watching

by stonewalrus, Thursday, May 10, 2012, 15:15 (4371 days ago) @ FOG

And this afternoon there was a buy now one for $20 that I snatched up.

Glad things worked out.

by FOG, Friday, May 11, 2012, 19:25 (4370 days ago) @ stonewalrus

nm

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread