Who hasn't read "No Second Place Winner"?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 04, 2012, 00:11 (4378 days ago)

A slim book with lots of information, still valid.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by stonecoldrc, Friday, May 04, 2012, 05:58 (4378 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have read and reread it. Bill Jordan grew up in the same area of Louisiana where I lived for many years and came back to visit the area often. Once when he was there I was getting well from having been shot and he brought me a copy of the book that he had written a note in for me and signed. It continues to be one of my most prized posessions. About a year ago I found a signed copy at a garage sale and picked it up as well. He was a very interesting man to talk to.

by Charles, Friday, May 04, 2012, 06:07 (4378 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Bill esd stationed in Brownsville Texas when I was in High School. We shot skeet at the same club and were often on the same squad. He was very kind in helpful to me with shooting instruction and advice on life. When I bought my first house, it was the one Bill lived in and some of the pics in the book were taken there. The garage was filled with tens of thousands of wax bullet strikes. In a few places they were so concentrated there were holes in the dry wall about two feet accross. There were even quite afew in the ceiling.

Still a good book written by a man who was outstanding in every area.

With the life you've led and people you've known, there's a

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, May 04, 2012, 07:37 (4378 days ago) @ Charles

book in that!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

haven't but need to. just put it on my wish list

by stonewalrus, Friday, May 04, 2012, 06:25 (4378 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Next time I order from Amazon.

Good get it, you'll enjoy it

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 04, 2012, 09:19 (4378 days ago) @ stonewalrus

--

Sorry to say, I haven't.

by Boge Quinn, Friday, May 04, 2012, 06:41 (4378 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

:-|

ebay has em from 20.00

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 04, 2012, 09:12 (4378 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

getchee one:-D

--

One of the greatest

by madbohemian, Friday, May 04, 2012, 09:37 (4378 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

shooters and men who ever lived. He's been a hero of mine all my life. I've still got my autographed to me copy of No Second Place Winner.
I believe I have read it a thousand times and watched him putting on his dog and pony show as he called it for the NRA in Fast and Fancy Shooters at least that many times.
I still use and practice his techniques today. Using plastic and wax bullets I attempt to practice his point shooting skills. I also attempt to replicate some of his holster tricks.
I do believe this little book was one of the greatest ever written on shooting.
Long live the memory of Bill Jordan!

Here are some links you might enjoy. One is to Paladin Press where they have the DVD.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/videos/artv10-bill-jordan-speaks/

http://archives.gunsandammo.com/video/classic-guns/handguns/shooting-tips/legendary-bil...

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Shows/AmericanRifleman/Videos.aspx?pid=XDKf96iTuNS3OD1llI...

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/shows/AmericanRifleman.aspx?tpid=1512520930&pid=WRynS...

http://www.paladin-press.com/product/Fast_and_Fancy_Shooters/DVDs

great links, THANKS!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 04, 2012, 11:03 (4378 days ago) @ madbohemian

;-)

--

Guys, I have watched Madbo reproduce Bill Jordan's ping pong

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 04, 2012, 11:04 (4378 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

ball into the holster quick draw. Amazing to see in person!

--

And Madbo is a much better-looking feller!

by Boge Quinn, Friday, May 04, 2012, 21:16 (4377 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

:-D

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Friday, May 04, 2012, 22:41 (4377 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Better looking than what?

by manbohemian, Saturday, May 05, 2012, 12:58 (4377 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

Better looking than what?

A pregnant road killed possum

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Saturday, May 05, 2012, 14:49 (4377 days ago) @ manbohemian

She wasn't pregnant, she was nursing. That will even make a live possum look bad.

+1. Thanks Mike!

by JLF @, Friday, May 04, 2012, 12:39 (4378 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

by Catoosa, Friday, May 04, 2012, 10:44 (4378 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I still treasure the inscribed copy my wife got from him as a birthday gift for me, many years ago.

proud to say we met him at the NRA convention in Nashville

by stonewalrus, Friday, May 04, 2012, 12:20 (4378 days ago) @ Catoosa

Around 20 years ago.

I met him and saw his "show" at the gym at Ft Riley KS back

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, May 04, 2012, 12:38 (4378 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

in 1967. Try doing that today.

RSS Feed of thread