Anyone know what bullet Buffalo Bore loads in its 220 gr 10m

by DiamondD, Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 03:09 (4386 days ago)

M load?

Haven't seen Tim here in awhile or I would ask him. I have had a Glock 29 for awhile and just bought a 20. I have a 6" KKM barrel coming for the 20 and will order some BB 220 cast loads when I get it. I would like to load some similar cast loads for practice and carry the BB loads while hunting.

It looks like I will be spending the majority of the summer working off the coast of Alaska and have a feeling the 20 may be spending some time with me on a bow hunt for big black bears.

Anyone have a clue?

Anyone know what bullet Buffalo Bore loads in its 220 gr 10m

by Lloyd Smale, Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 03:55 (4386 days ago) @ DiamondD

I can only guess but heres mine. Ballistic cast makes a nice 220 bullet. Al Anderson has the mold and id guess it could be the same one bc uses. I also know he had a buch of bulk power pistol so id guess hes either using that or some of the surplus aa9 (wc820) If i were you id buy the ballistic cast mold and then chrono one of his bullets then slowly work up to it trying 820 or aa9 first. It would be safer then trying to get there with power pistol.

one more thing

by Lloyd Smale, Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 03:57 (4386 days ago) @ Lloyd Smale

one more thing ill add. With my 20 if i push the pressures like that i about allways get the glock bulge in my cases so another thing your probably going to have to invest in is one of the push through redding dies that sizes the base of the brass.

one more thing

by DiamondD, Thursday, May 03, 2012, 23:27 (4384 days ago) @ Lloyd Smale

Thanks Lloyd,

I have the 6" KKM barrel on the way, hopefully that will keep me away from the Glock bulge. Not really thinking about duplicating the load just want to work up a fairly stout load with the same bullet because I would like to shoot a lot of them.

Long Coast...what part?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 08:08 (4386 days ago) @ DiamondD

just curious.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Long Coast...what part?

by DiamondD, Thursday, May 03, 2012, 23:29 (4384 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Way North Rob. Like North of Barrow. Obviously I wouldn't be hunting up there but a hunt on my way up or back next spring should certainly be possible.

Bring your long johns!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 04, 2012, 11:24 (4383 days ago) @ DiamondD

And good binos

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Bring your long johns!

by DiamondD, Saturday, May 05, 2012, 01:11 (4383 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Been working up there each of the past three winters, I don't get on the plane without my long johns.

RSS Feed of thread