Check out my NEW (to me) geetars!...

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, May 01, 2012, 13:10 (4386 days ago)

Got this one a couple of weeks ago - 1986 Martin 000-2832 "Shenandoah" model. Lots of "character" and lots of sound! Got a great deal on it too:
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Got this one yesterday - 2007 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard "Honeyburst" flametop. I'm not really that into electric geetars, but I DO like the nice fat sound of a Les Paul, and this one is a like-new mint beauty. A $3900 geetar that I literally got for next to nothing, so there was no way I could pass it up:
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Les Paul

by JLF @, Tuesday, May 01, 2012, 19:13 (4386 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

That fine looking Gibson looks kindly familiar.:-D Heavy buggar ain't it?

JLF

[image]

[image]

[image]

Les Paul

by Murphy @, Tuesday, May 01, 2012, 23:33 (4386 days ago) @ JLF

Sure is a nice looking Gibson Jack. Never had one but often wondered why. I like the size of them for sure.

Murphy

Not persactly

by JLF @, Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 10:51 (4385 days ago) @ Murphy

It's a clone of Boge's lovely Gibson, which had a lot to do with my finally deciding to go with it. The Variax is another world, guitar-wise, with an onboard computer that does everything but wash yer socks. But underneath all the whoop-de-doo, it's a fine, quality guitar with the same fat sound of the Les Paul. I never will work my way through all the electro-cheese in it, but it's fun to try.:)

JLF

It's a cool geetar, with a killer top!

by Boge Quinn, Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 12:14 (4385 days ago) @ JLF

vurry nice!

Is that one of the ones...

by Boge Quinn, Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 16:23 (4385 days ago) @ JLF

...that re-tunes itself, and has a zillion preset tones?

Yep

by JLF @, Thursday, May 03, 2012, 09:42 (4385 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

More or less. It has 20 something specific "guitars" you can select. Most are quite good, the 12 strings are downright freaky. The acoustics are pretty amazing too, as is the reso. Then it has a dozen or so different tunings. Switch to drop-D, and bam, that sucker is tuned in drop-D! It has a half-step down, open-E, open-A, Baritone, etc. etc.

Switch to the reso guitar in open-A and grab the slide! It's a lot of fun, but as bad as I need practice, I spend most of my time running it on the pickups and doing scales, runs, etc.

JLF

That's WAY cool...

by Boge Quinn, Thursday, May 03, 2012, 09:53 (4385 days ago) @ JLF

...I could seriously have some fun with one of those!

That's WAY cool...

by JLF @, Thursday, May 03, 2012, 10:07 (4385 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

There are all kinds of demos on Youtube. Check it out. It was either the Variax, or start buying 30-40 guitars.:-D

JLF

Check out my NEW (to me) geetars!...

by Murphy @, Tuesday, May 01, 2012, 23:31 (4386 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Fine score Boge!

By the way, I know you posted a new one last year or earlier this year that sure was a nice one.

By the way, nobody showed up with a geetar on Tom's porch this time at Clarksville. I'd left mine at the room and gone to the range Friday evening. Never went and go it.

So, Saturday night in the hospitality room I broke down and drug mine out. I struggled and worked up a sweat under that much pressure of being the ONLY one pickin'.

Next year buddy...BRING EM'!

Murphy

RSS Feed of thread