Attn: cubrock or any Euro mil-surp kinda fellow

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, April 29, 2012, 16:46 (4386 days ago)

Any links to info and value for 1895 Dutch long rifles? I Googled up and read about 15 pages but didn't find much. One followed me home this weekend. Since I already had a sporter in the safe and load for it, it made sense....well, sort of anyway.

Thanks!

Attn: cubrock or any Euro mil-surp kinda fellow

by cubrock, Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:26 (4386 days ago) @ Hoot

One of the best places for info is forums.gunboards.com. Search for Dutch Mannlicher. You may have already been there in your 15 pages of reading. :)

They are REALLY well made guns. Pre-war craftsmanship at its best. What date and manufacture is your gun? Any pics? Would be neat to see!

Thank you Sir!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, April 30, 2012, 07:43 (4385 days ago) @ cubrock

I knew about them and forgot (again).

This one is a Hembrug 1915 long rifle (infantry, I assume). Though not disassembled yet, every visible serial number matches. The stock cartouche is strong and dated 1915 as well. There is a more faint cartouche that I can't quite make out---maybe a light cleaning will help. The rear sight is simply amazing...especially considering it was made nearly a century before computer aided machining. The bore is dark but may clean up. My other Hembrug is also dark but seems to shoot well despite it so I am not terribly concerned. I figured $100 OTD wouldn't hurt none. ;-)

I will take some photos and post them in a couple days.

Thanks again!

Thank you Sir!

by cubrock, Monday, April 30, 2012, 08:10 (4385 days ago) @ Hoot

Well, I know a fellow who would double your money. ;) You did really well at $100. The other cartouche might be the crest of Queen Wilhelmina. Been a while since I've had one of those in my hands and can't remember if her crest is separate from the main stock cartouche.

RSS Feed of thread