Hoosiers Hose Home w/Ak-47 Lamesteam mdia outlet shows

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, April 27, 2012, 12:27 (4388 days ago)

.308 cartridge states that is what hit the home down range... Reminds me of the Iragi woman and HER lies
http://bdtonline.com/cnhi/x157472549/Stray-machine-gun-fire-strikes-two-homes

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

My first question is, who threw that cartridge at them and

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, April 27, 2012, 14:21 (4388 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

the second is what RUSSIAN MACHINEGUN shoots that round? Is the photo of a cartridge the article author THINKS was used or of an actual cartridge recovered from the impact site? One can't tell, can one? That appears to be a .308 Win not a surplus 7.62 NATO. As WE know, they would have to find the BULLET and they would have to run that by the ballistics guys to id the bullet for likely firearms from which it might have been fired. This smells of hooey.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

My first question is, who threw that cartridge at them and

by Alfred John, Friday, April 27, 2012, 15:07 (4388 days ago) @ Hobie

Sounds like the normal effort to close a range down. As mentioned they don't know who, what or when the rounds were fired. Lame reporting. I do believe most news is lies most of the time and put out by ignorant writers as well. I was a patrol deputy in a semi rural area many years back. We got a call of hunters shooting at houses in a subdivision near a hunting area (Dove hunting). Upon inspection the hunters were at least 3/8ths of a mile away and two hundred feel lower elavation than the houses where the shot, none ever found, had "Rained Down" on their houses. Upon inspection, the hunters were cleared, no one had any shot larger than #7 shot for dove hunting and were pretty well behaved. The subdivision was realatively new. It never made the news. ATB

"Man with sniper rifle"......

by John Meeker @, West End of Lake Erie, Saturday, April 28, 2012, 06:52 (4387 days ago) @ Alfred John

was a woodchuck hunter, in fields where he had welcome permission from the soybean- growing farmer to hunt. The lady in the new big-mega house that had been built in the center of an adjacent ex-wood lot, since I had last been there the summer before, apparently heard me shoot. Took a look out the window, and called 'county'. Fortunately, the responder was rural background himself, and after checking on me, explained to the new homeowner that she now lived the country, & etc.

That was a decade ago, and more active varmit-friends tell me that the 'new grads' from two-year LEO college courses are likely as not to ever have seen a woodchuck, let alone hunted them. Their response can be in 'red alert' mode, pretty excited to have something important to do. So far, no one has been 'tossed and cuffed' but there have some brisk verbal exchanges.

And, to the subject: yup...two local and long established ranges have had similar 'bullet striking inhabited dwelling' incidents. To any one familiar with ballistics, it was obvious that the 'reported' facts were unlikely violations of the law of physics. However, as we know, ignorance is not only an excuse anymore, but a justification for the moral fabrication of erroneous beliefs which coincide with one's political wishes.

by JD, Western Washington, Monday, April 30, 2012, 14:32 (4385 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

We had a lady that had built a new house near our range and was determined to close the range down. She called the police numerous times because she "could hear bullets flying over her house" from the range. Then one time she called the police to say that a bullet had struck her house and penetrated the exterior wall. When the officer arrived she handed him a complete, unfired 45 ACP round and told him it "was the bullet" that struck her house and she had found it inside after it has penetrated the wall........

by John Meeker @, West End of Lake Erie, Monday, April 30, 2012, 16:37 (4385 days ago) @ JD

Similar to one of the local events; bullet all righ, just no rifling or other marks indicating it was fires. Alleged hole it came from was way at odds with any geometrically possible trajectory. Big brouhaha...then nothing. ODDLY, there was no farther MEDIA reporting, either

RSS Feed of thread