Need some help with some K frame scrimshawed grips.

by Murphy @, Saturday, April 21, 2012, 14:39 (4408 days ago)

I picked these up online from another site, figuring I'd find something to put them on stick em' on eventually.

The seller isn't 100% sure if they are bonded ivory or corian, I wouldn't know the difference if they bit my behind.

Anyway, these are the photos he sent me. I was hoping to find some identifying marks on them to try and figure out who made them. So far I'm having zero luck.

So, $29.95 'cheap evilbay' grips or what? Any input as always will be appreciated.

Murphy

[image]

[image]

[image]

Murphy, I could be wrong but they look just like

by stonewalrus, Saturday, April 21, 2012, 16:05 (4408 days ago) @ Murphy

Ones I bought for my EAA Witness that were some sort of GE thermoplastic. Mine cracked in short order. They were very brittle.

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Saturday, April 21, 2012, 18:54 (4408 days ago) @ Murphy

Not sure if bonded ivory acts the same as ivory but I have read someplace if you take a red hot paper clip and burn a small hole on the inside of the grip it will smell like burnt hair if it is ivory. Wouldn't think it would hurt.

Art

by Murphy @, Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:01 (4408 days ago) @ Art

The gentleman is a member of a gun club and he was told by several of the other members it is Corian. Hopefully this is the case anyway.

I figure if it is Corian, I can do a little 'Bubba' work on them and cut a speedloader in them. And maybe make the bear go away as well. I've seen some Corian grips that sure looked nice on both blue and stainless guns.

Murphy

RSS Feed of thread