Watches - I know someone on here is into collectables, would

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, April 16, 2012, 14:41 (4408 days ago)

like some info on a German "Brightling" (sp)a friend has.

Breitling makes various models, none of them are German

by bj @, Monday, April 16, 2012, 16:13 (4408 days ago) @ Cherokee

Breitling is known for very large pilot style watches although they do make a dive watch model. AFAIK they make their own movements unlike most watchmakers these days in that same price range.

Ask and you shall receive...........

by Byron, Monday, April 16, 2012, 19:14 (4408 days ago) @ Cherokee

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f15/

Fine high end Swiss watches....same same level of Omega or Rolex (not the snob appeal of Rolex)....

Many fakes out there....be careful.......

Byron

I dunno Byron...

by MR, Monday, April 16, 2012, 20:29 (4408 days ago) @ Byron

I've got my Rolex that D gave me in 1978 (cause I whined till she did)that I don't wear because I just haven't had it cleaned in years. AND I lust after Breitlings.

Lusting...........

by Byron, Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 06:11 (4407 days ago) @ MR

I have a friend with a very nice Breitling Chrono who mentioned he might be interested in selling....if interested....let me know....

BTW....I have had my DateJust for the same time....remember when it was new how bright the old tritium dials lit up?

Anyway....there is a super Rolex jeweler here in KC that will clean, oil, adjust, poliish up, seal up and pressure test for around $300....this about half the going rate in a Rolex jewelery story....get your tuned up and wear it....it too nice not to....

[image]

Just like the Bodyguard....don't leave home without it....

Byron

Lusting...........

by MR, Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 20:21 (4407 days ago) @ Byron

Truthfully, while I still lust after a very few things, my bucket list has been filled for about 11 years now. I'm now more in the mode of winding down on the quanity of toys than winding up. But I'm giving serious consideration to sending my Datejust to this guy. Maybe you've heard of him.

http://www.watchcompany.com/Specialties.html

Winding down.......

by Byron, Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:50 (4406 days ago) @ MR

I know exactly what you mean....in the same position....

The services provided by this guy sounds the same as the one I use in KC...price is same same....

Get your watched fixed and wear it!!!

Byron

Google "Lance Thomas Los Angeles"

by MR, Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:46 (4406 days ago) @ Byron

If you don't know the name, you might enjoy the story.

One thing for sure, nowone will steal your watch while at

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 12:11 (4406 days ago) @ MR

Lance Thomas's shop.
Rob

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

you realize that there is a Rolex factory repair in Dallas?

by bj @, Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 21:18 (4406 days ago) @ MR

nm

Yep. Had it done there in the past. Don't like em.

by MR, Thursday, April 19, 2012, 08:58 (4405 days ago) @ bj

They waste too much time and didn't do any better job. They take the watch, then inspect it when they get around to it, and then send you a letter with service recommendations and a price when they get around to it, then you answer back with a letter and a check then it starts over at the front of the line again when they get around to it. Dealing with Rolex factory repair is not only much more expensive for the same work, I found it to be a MAJOR tit pullin' to deal with them.

FWI factor is way to high for me to deal with them.

also a Breitling forum on timezone.com

by bj @, Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 09:46 (4407 days ago) @ Byron

Thanks for the information.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 07:05 (4407 days ago) @ Cherokee

:-D

RSS Feed of thread