Is there any surplus .303 Brit ammo out there?

by AaronB, Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 08:07 (4417 days ago)

...any worth shooting, that is? My Enfield is hungry.

-AaronB

by Alfred John, Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 08:40 (4417 days ago) @ AaronB

Getting harder to find. Might check some distributors such as AIM Surplus I have seen them have odds and ends. Privi Partisan seems to offer a somewhat lower price. Hard to say what is out there. I lucked into a bunch of Greek 303 ammo and it was a good ammo. Good luck. I am hording what I have left. ATB

Sportmans Guide

by Bud, Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 08:56 (4417 days ago) @ Alfred John

I see it there all the time...and pretty good prices too. It's very easy to load the Brits. I use CB's that are GC'ed, but plan on paperpatching soon so to increase velocity abit.

'Tain't "surplus" but there'll be some at CSA this weekend

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:23 (4417 days ago) @ AaronB

I have a "new" Enfield what needs exercise. Show up and I'd share what I brung. ;-)

by Bob Hatfield @, Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 17:10 (4417 days ago) @ AaronB

I've read that some people rechamber to 7.62X54. Prolly have to set the barrel back though.

Dont get the Pakistani stuff. Cordite and hang fires worse than a flintlock using pyrodex LOL. At least that is my experience with the POF 303.

Greek HXP and South African 7.7X58(303British) was the last i bought Maybe a hundred rounds left:-(

I reload the stuff now with a set of Lee Collet dies (works great) and what ever .311/.312 boolit I can find.

Bob

RSS Feed of thread