I need your help making a decision

by R.E., T-town, Thursday, March 29, 2012, 22:39 (4411 days ago)

In preparing to go to the Tulsa Gun Show this weekend to buy the Kahr CW9 I have hit several stores accross town to compare prices on them. I decided to make one last stop today on my way home (why does it always have to be the last place you look?). Sitting in the display of a shop in a part of town I am rarely ever in is a very clean 3" S&W model 10-8. Almost non-existant holster wear right at the muzzle and a very light drag line on the cylinder. Grips are some sort of aftermarket rubbers I didn't recognize but that I can easily change. So help me make a decision here. Buying them both is not an option right now. I was fully prepared to buy the Kahr but this seems like one I probably shouldn't pass up. What would you do?

by cubrock, Thursday, March 29, 2012, 23:58 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

You can always buy the Kahr. They don't make 3" 10-8s anymore.

+1

by Mike P @, Friday, March 30, 2012, 06:39 (4411 days ago) @ cubrock

My thoughts as well.

I second that...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, March 30, 2012, 07:19 (4411 days ago) @ cubrock

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

What Cubrock said!

by Boge Quinn, Friday, March 30, 2012, 08:07 (4411 days ago) @ cubrock

:-|

Ditto !!

by Bud, Monday, April 02, 2012, 09:31 (4408 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Ditto

My favorite carry revolver is a 3" Model 13.

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Friday, March 30, 2012, 07:21 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

They just don't get any better than a 3" K-frame.

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Friday, March 30, 2012, 10:07 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

+1 on all the other thoughts above and also if one ever had to resell for what ever reason. Think about which one will resell easiest/best. Dennis

Swimming against the current

by stonewalrus, Friday, March 30, 2012, 14:29 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

I really do like revolvers, but if you are seriously looking for a CARRY piece I find the bulge of the cylinder to be more difficult to conceal and "pokey" inside my pants. I generally have to wear a size bigger pants to conceal a revolver than I do my Taurus Mil Pro - and it is considerably wider than a Kahr.

IMHO, get the Mdl 10

by Woodswalker ⌂ @, the Great North'Wet', Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:44 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

Those are getting to be like chicken lips, in bulk AND on sale.

The Kahrs? Not so much...staying up nights making them.

--
Reheating pizza – sheesh. Totally destroys the delicate flavor.

A Smith and Wesson beats 5 aces...

Woodswalker AKA AaronE

HOLD OFF, DON'T BUY ANYTHING....

by pokynojoe, Friday, March 30, 2012, 16:29 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

I happen to hold in my hand, at this very moment, a piece of paper they tell me is worth approximately $640 million dollars. After my numbers are confirmed this evening(a mere formality I assure you) I will, through the kindness of my heart, send you the money, gratis, mind you, that will enable you to buy both. It bothers me to see someone like you suffering such mental anguish. No need to thank me.

I'm also going to fix the engine on my '82 buick so's I can make it to this year's CSA. So it looks like I'll be attending after all, if I can get off work that Friday. Other than that, I don't have any plans for any of the rest of the money, I don't really need anything I can think of right now. My house needs some new windows, maybe I'll buy those, if I can get a deal on them.

Just be patient, it's only a few more hours.

Joe

Well, Joe....

by Catoosa, Saturday, March 31, 2012, 09:24 (4410 days ago) @ pokynojoe

I was at the bait shop 'tother day and forgot to buy a ticket, so I guess I'll just give that jackpot up to you. If you really want to thank me for my generosity, I could really use a nice '70 Series .45 Commander.....

Hope you get yer engine fixed. We'd love to see you in Arkysaw. If it'll make it to Nashville we could always strap you to the top of my Trailblazer for the rest of the trip. Might be a little breezy.

Holy smoking .....

by Miles, Friday, March 30, 2012, 17:05 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

smoke

BUY THAT SMIFF!!!!!

Randy, get the Smith

by Jhenry, Friday, March 30, 2012, 17:33 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

A Kahr can be had later at any point, that is not the case with the Smith. Especially a nice 3" one in that type of condition. You are being tested by Providence. Do not be found wanting.

Randy, get the Smith

by uncowboy, Friday, March 30, 2012, 17:48 (4411 days ago) @ Jhenry

WELL I hate to go agenst the grain BUT a 3" 10 is not a 3" 27 no matter how much you want it to be. If your looking for a carry GET THE SEMI!

My two cents...

by Glen, Friday, March 30, 2012, 20:08 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

The S&W 3" RB revolver is the best carry revolver ever built. I searched for years to find a 3" Model 10, and now that I have one my 3" M10-8 is one of the last guns I would ever sell.

by Paul ⌂, Friday, March 30, 2012, 21:21 (4411 days ago) @ R.E.

:beatdeadhorse:

:hubbahubba:

Thanks guy, DONE DEAL

by R.E., Friday, March 30, 2012, 22:59 (4410 days ago) @ R.E.

My daughter and I picked it up on the way home tonight. I put three cylinders full through it when we got home before she got bored with watching me. It is definately minute of milk jug capable at 30 ft. More testing to follow when I can get some time alone. I need grips. It has some rounded non-finger grooved pachmayrs on it. One of them has a gouge in it. They just gotta go. Give me your recommendations please. I'm thinking something smooth and very dark wood but am open to suggestions.

Thanks

And oh get this, It was a time I should have actually listened to my wife without question (did I really just say that?). I got home last night and told her about it and she said go get it you know you will kick yourself if you let it get away.

That should be... Thanks guys, DONE DEAL

by R.E., Friday, March 30, 2012, 23:04 (4410 days ago) @ R.E.

check Hogue Auctions for grips

by stonewalrus, Saturday, March 31, 2012, 05:49 (4410 days ago) @ R.E.

I've picked up some very good deals there. Their seconds are still high quality too.

Good for you Randy!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, April 02, 2012, 08:19 (4408 days ago) @ R.E.

I didn't jump in but that's what I'd-a done.

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, March 31, 2012, 07:47 (4410 days ago) @ R.E.

Go ahead and buy both! you only live once.:-D

RSS Feed of thread