Day one of Gunsite course very good.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 19:43 (4413 days ago)

I only wish that everyone else actually tried out their guns and gear and sighted them in BEFORE THE CLASS. Very nice folks but dang and HK AR and no sight tool and no previous sight in...Guys running their Ruger AR's so dry that they clogged...
Very fun, enlightening as to how much I have let slip in the last few years.
The Only guys there besides me with gun leather on were there for a wild animal defense class and were toting revolvers in a variety of Hunter and Bianchi rigs... We will educate them yet:-D
Rob

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Interesting indeed. I don't know what the Gunsite policy

by brionic @, Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 22:33 (4413 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

is regarding collecting brass, but I wouldn't be surprised if many of the same shooters with $2K of new gear couldn't be bothered to pick theirs up to reload.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Policy is to police brass after last day of class. too busy

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 23:23 (4413 days ago) @ brionic

too focused. bad range etiquette to be bending and stooping with a long gun etc.
That brass will be accounted for . Most of the guys are ex GI or LEO &/or in the gun industry.

--

by Byron, Thursday, March 29, 2012, 06:13 (4413 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

True, the schools I have attended were so focused and and intense there was no time or interest in picking up brass. Most did not bother...I never picked up much pistol or carbine brass....all tuned sniper brass returned to box after it was shot.

Run 'em dry....I love that....a remf for sure....

Byron

by uncowboy, Thursday, March 29, 2012, 13:38 (4412 days ago) @ Byron

Well there are two sides to the coin that they show up unprepaird.
MAYBE They just don't know what prepaird is and to that end I comend the EFFORT of ponying up the bucks to get edgucated. YES Everyone must take the first class and that is exzactly why. They get better fast because they ARE there to learn. Just look at it a little different and all will be well. Good Luck, Hope you have fun and learn a lot. J.Michael

by Byron, Thursday, March 29, 2012, 16:31 (4412 days ago) @ uncowboy

For sure....the skill and experience to run a firearm must start somewhere....and it is clearly better to start with proper training before bad habits are developed.

First classes are expected to see the beginning of the learning curve....mag release hit instead of bolt release....etc...

Still...."Most of the guys are ex GI or LEO &/or in the gun industry."

Like I said.....

Byron

1st day non qual succed it up and outshot me on the man on

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, March 30, 2012, 19:11 (4411 days ago) @ Byron

man shot off...:-( He got better fast. I already feel the itch...to back. Fun house?scrambler(even the BOX was cool) and Vlay were great~! Had a member from Wasilla bible walk up and say hello. He was there for a Big game defense course... met Larry Landers, a 20 year + vet of Gunsite 30 years plus SWAT SNIPER for AZDPS), that taught my extended family Az's old 2 day cwp course 15 years ago. And an old high school nemesis was one of our instructors. He has turned into an very proffessional instructor. Very good time.

--

1st day non qual succed it up and outshot me on the man on

by madbohemian, Monday, April 02, 2012, 11:56 (4409 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Sounds like you had a great time!!
Best Mike

RSS Feed of thread