Any knowledge about a TC carbine barrel in 10mm?

by DiamondD, Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 03:12 (4414 days ago)

Bought a Glock 29 SF awhile back and it has piqued my interest in all things 10mm. I am looking for a G20SF now and have been thinking that a 16" barrel for my G2 Contender would be a sweet little carbine.

According to ballistics by the inch the point of diminishing returns in a 10mm, for most loads seems to be 13-14". I would prefer a 16" carbine barrel . Anyone have any first hand knowledge of such a beast?

I realize it would probably be easier and more reasonable to chamber the .41 mag but then it wouldn't be a companion to my Glock(s).

TIA for any and all replies.

Dean

Any knowledge about a TC carbine barrel in 10mm?

by Brien 1, Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 06:46 (4414 days ago) @ DiamondD

Bullberry barrels

I have a 14" TC barrel that I extended to 16"+ with a Choate

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 07:52 (4414 days ago) @ DiamondD

extension. It is about like a .38-40. About. Best I can get velocity wise with the 180s is around 1200-1300 fps using BlueDot. Useful yes, but might be disappointing to the high-velocity adherents. I would often use it with the Choate folder and that made for a compact "truck" or woods bumming rifle. The thing is is that a good .44 or .45 revolver is more compact and easier to carry. Further, while we can carry concealed on National Forest here (outside of hunting seasons), we can't open carry so the carbine is prohibited except during hunting season(s) or from September to the end of January.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I have a 41Mag 10" that

by Bud, Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 08:31 (4414 days ago) @ Hobie

is very handy. I chose not to scope it. I carry it in a lightweight very supple shoulder holster (makes no noise). I'm getting over 1400 fps with a 250 gr CB w/H4227. Heap good medicine for close quarter stalking in heavy timber.

RSS Feed of thread