took a walk and some pics this morning

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 14:46 (4417 days ago)

Like to hike to try and stay in shape, mostly for deer hunting and more and more just because I'm starting to get a little bit older. I have a favorite Mt. hike I like to take I can walk to the trail head from the house in about 5 mins. Here's a pic of the lil foot bridge at the bottom of the trail [image] and here's a couple pics of the trail as it heads up through the timber [image] [image] as I get farther up the hill I start running into snow on the trail [image] and about half way up we have a little watering hole [image] from 3/4 of the way up I get a good view of our little town here [image] and also what with digtal zoom I can get a good close up of our house [image] continuing on up soon I come to a spot near the top where my tracks are the only ones [image] and here's a view of the flat and the rest of the Mt beyond [image] So this is just a small part of my little piece of heaven,Hope you enjoyed it almost as much as I do. Dennis

by stonecoldrc, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:49 (4417 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

Dennis,

Thank you for posting these great pictures. It is some beautiful country and I thank you for sharing this with us.

Thanks! Great pictures of a great place!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:17 (4417 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

:-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Question for Alaska Residents

by Gary G, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 18:05 (4417 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have been watching alot of TV on various Alaska Programs, And being in the glass business I have noticed that all of the homes and buildings in Alaska seem to plate glass windows, even in residential homes.

I am curious if they are double pane IG (insulated glass) units or just plate glass?

And in the homes I would thing there would be some grids inside glass making the house windows look like panes of glass. Which is a very popular option in home window units in the lower 48. If they are double pane or Insulated Glass units.

I cannot help it...The Mind Never Stops wanting information.

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 18:37 (4417 days ago) @ Gary G

Double pane in my home. The house with the red roof.Dennis

by AkRay, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:33 (4417 days ago) @ Gary G

A lot of newer construction in interior Alaska uses triple pane windows.

Thank You Fellows.

by Gary G, Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:30 (4416 days ago) @ AkRay

Always very nice photos.

Very nice images....(ntxt)

by Brian A, Monday, March 26, 2012, 07:23 (4416 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

nmsg

VERY nice Dennis!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:42 (4416 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

Thanks!

by DiamondD, Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 03:20 (4415 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

Very nice pics, what town is that? Mountains out one door and the water out the other. What more to ask for?

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 09:59 (4415 days ago) @ DiamondD

Sir, I live in S.E.Alasks on Prince of Wales Island in the town of Craig, and yes it is a great place. Thanks Dennis.

RSS Feed of thread