Since CSA is a non starter for us this year

by brionic @, Saturday, March 24, 2012, 15:27 (4417 days ago)

due to Dashiell's illness, it will be important that someone keep a record of all the lies, not to be reported in mixed company.

I look forward to all your photos and accounts of the exploits, real and otherwise.
--
Br.

by Catoosa, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:08 (4416 days ago) @ brionic

I hate that y'all cannot make it this year, especially so given the circumstances. How's he doing?

Prayers continuing.

Thx, friend. We're doing OK

by brionic @, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 23:21 (4416 days ago) @ Catoosa

but the little guy has taken it pretty hard. We had to install an NG feeding tube this week, and today his hair started coming out.

He is depressed and listless, and I'm not far behind. Luckily we have some amazing friends here in town, and the support at the hospital is tremendous. I do my best to keep myself together until I have a few minutes alone for a high value meltdown.

Dry firing has been the only shooting I've done in a while, but it has its therapeutic benefit, as long as nobody else in the family is awakened. On a weird note, this week I'm going to clear out my gun room to make space for visitors ahead of his liver surgery and ongoing treatments. Taking guns out of my house in order to accommodate others was nothing I thought I'd ever do, but this ordeal has already dissolved several of my ideals.

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it.
--
Br.

Brian, I doubt this will bring you any solace...

by pokynojoe, Monday, March 26, 2012, 07:02 (4415 days ago) @ brionic

But I underwent similar circumstances. A number of years ago I had to take in a family member, that was being treated for psychological problems. His psychiatrist strongly urged me to remove any firearms from the house. Unfortunately, due to circumstances at that time, I had to sell them off and I gave several away. In my case, I was never able to replace them. But you know what, I'd do it again, because it was worth it. That individual is now a stable contributing member to society, a loving father, with a successful daughter. I would like to think those six months he spent under my roof had something to do with it. I will keep a good thought for your boy.

Joe

by Murphy @, Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:33 (4415 days ago) @ brionic

The family will be missed I assure you. Yourself, Pam and the boys are a pleasure to be around.

Material things can be replaced, time with family when there is a crisis can't. Just know that Dashiell is in my prayers always.

Now, about keeping up with the lie's. I might can get most of em' on Friday at Tom's place. But Saturday at the range it would be impossible. I can't keep up with that many tall tales and shoot at the same time.

Murphy

You and your family will be missed.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:47 (4415 days ago) @ brionic

Dashiell and all of you are in my prayers.

A favor please, if you don't mind. Please drop me a note here => hoot_4570 -AT- yahoo -DOT- com.

Thanks!

Thx Hoot, we will return

by brionic @, Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 10:29 (4414 days ago) @ Hoot

and hopefully the boys will be better shots next year, to say nothing of their old man's "skills".

RSS Feed of thread